Another new shoe thread! Advice wanted

Spoon

Visit site
Its with great sadness I'm going to have to sell my tour360 xl sl's :( They're great in all aspects... other than they leave me in absolute agony after half a round! I've tried blister plasters of all shapes and sizes but it's no use... They just dont like my feet and by the time I get home I'm hobbling. They fit great and feel really comfy, until I walk any distance in them and then we are on a fast train to Blisterville :/

I've been looking at so many shoes in the last week my head is starting to spin, heres a list of a few that have caught my eye and was after peoples thoughts/experiences with any of them?

Stromberg Razor (I really like these but not much by way of reviews anywhere)
Puma ignite nxt (Like quite a few of Pumas range... except the RG-s)
Sketchers go golf
Adidas codechaos (perhaps I should avoid adidas though)
Stuburt evolve or PCT2

I'd rather have just one shoe to see me through the year (might change my mind on this) but invariably its wet 80% of the time where I live (and where I play out of) so even in summer a waterproof golf shoes is a must. One thing I'll say for the 360's is I did not feel ike I needed or missed spikes at all, the grip even in the mud and floods of the last month has been fantastic. Don't really want to spend more than £80.

Help a blistered hacker out :D

Spoon

Visit site
I should probably have mentioned that I'm not in a position to try on lots of possibles, theres no big golf shops near me... Even if they were open! So I'm going to have to gamble with online shoe buying :/

Sketchers do seem universally liked by those that have had them, how durable and waterproof are they?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you thrown a shoe shaper in them?

My Zoom Infinity Tours gave one of my heels endless pain after 30 minutes. a couple days in a stretcher and they are very comfortable. I've had to do it with all 3 pairs.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I should probably have mentioned that I'm not in a position to try on lots of possibles, theres no big golf shops near me... Even if they were open! So I'm going to have to gamble with online shoe buying :/

Sketchers do seem universally liked by those that have had them, how durable and waterproof are they?
Waterproof is bang on. I play twice a year and get 2 years out of mine

Spoon

Visit site
Interesting, I could try shoe shapers, but I kind of think it's that the heel on the 360s is too low for me, rather than a poor fit length wise. I had some success by taking the insole out completely, thus dropping the height of my foot in the shoe. This, whilst not ideal and combined with plasters, at least means I can get through 18 holes... Just.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting, I could try shoe shapers, but I kind of think it's that the heel on the 360s is too low for me, rather than a poor fit length wise. I had some success by taking the insole out completely, thus dropping the height of my foot in the shoe. This, whilst not ideal and combined with plasters, at least means I can get through 18 holes... Just.

It's worth a shot, can always return on amazon.

FWIW: Compeed blister plasters would stay on before, but the pain was still unbearable.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
You’ve got the wrong size SL’s. I was at the Adidas day with golf monthly last year, walked a few holes in a pair that started rubbing straight away, they were “wide” sized. The Adidas chaps put me in a pair of standard width SL’s and I spent the rest of the day in them, absolute slippers.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you tried 1000 mile socks.
I wear them all the time playing golf they are great.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Its with great sadness I'm going to have to sell my tour360 xl sl's ...

Stromberg Razor (I really like these but not much by way of reviews anywhere)
Puma ignite nxt (Like quite a few of Pumas range... except the RG-s)
Sketchers go golf
Adidas codechaos (perhaps I should avoid adidas though)
Stuburt evolve or PCT2
Help a blistered hacker out :D

First point. What size are your current shoes?

Second point. My 2 pairs of shoes are Adidas Tour 360 somethings from last year/ year before. AND puma ignite NXTs. If you don't like the Adidas shoes DON'T buy the Pumas. For me, the fit is nigh on identical between the shoes.

sunshine

Visit site
Did you buy a larger size in the Adidas?
I have to buy a size larger in Adidas. Always the same in trainers or golf shoes.

I normally wear size 8.5 Adidas but size 9 Nike. Both trainers, football boots, golf shoes etc. Adidas definitely feel larger to me :ROFLMAO:, that’s the thing with shoes, everyone has different shaped feet.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am confident enough in the fit of FJ's that I am quite happy to buy online. I've never had a problem with any of them.
As others have mentioned, Adidas seem to come up small. I've only ever had one pair, (years ago), and they nigh on crippled me. Never again.
My wife has just bought me a pair of FJ's for my birthday later in January, I have no doubts at all that they will fit.
I have also just treated myself to a pair of Skechers purely based on reviews. Jury is out on those until they arrive and I can walk around in them for a bit.
But I would never buy Adidas shoes online.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I am confident enough in the fit of FJ's that I am quite happy to buy online. I've never had a problem with any of them.
As others have mentioned, Adidas seem to come up small. I've only ever had one pair, (years ago), and they nigh on crippled me. Never again.
My wife has just bought me a pair of FJ's for my birthday later in January, I have no doubts at all that they will fit.
I have also just treated myself to a pair of Skechers purely based on reviews. Jury is out on those until they arrive and I can walk around in them for a bit.
But I would never buy Adidas shoes online.

Wasn't it a pair of Stubert that barely lasted a round ??

Spoon

Visit site
My 360xts are a 9.5 (my usual size). As I've said, length/width wise they don't feel too bad, toes are about where they should be i think. I genuinely think it's a combination of the leather lined interior and low achilles tab, that's where I'm getting the blisters. Which is why when I took out the insole they were better. Anyway, they're a great shoe... Just maybe not for my foot.

Interesting to hear people say they don't wear thier sketchers through winter, been wearing my 360xts throughout and on dryness and grips fronts... Haven't missed a beat.

Got my eye on these particular sketchers

https://golfsupport.com/golf-shoes/...EBA1i8Bs-wFeqFY49NZcUD_5zj6-XT1RoCbkEQAvD_BwE

Would still like to hear from someone who's got those stromberg...