Another new shoe thread! Advice wanted

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get your feet measured on a Brannock machine.
My Left foot is one size bigger than my right foot
I had FJs made for me so different sizes for each foot. See FJ website !
Fit like a glove but after a year they are not waterproof any more.
I am going to try them with sealskins socks after virus .
Best shoes I have ever owned.
But a bit dearer as straight from the manufacturer.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m normally a size 9

I got half a size down for FJ and half a size up for Adidas

I get blisters from new FJ shoes and end up wearing blister plasters for a couple of weeks until they soften up - never had any issues with Adidas

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m normally a size 9

I got half a size down for FJ and half a size up for Adidas

I get blisters from new FJ shoes and end up wearing blister plasters for a couple of weeks until they soften up - never had any issues with Adidas
Adidas are better since they changed the heel to leather.
They used to bobble badly in the heel.

FJ just seem better for me.
Everyone’s different and shoes must be tried on first before buying if possible.

Spoon

Visit site
I've got shoe stretchers on my 360's and am playing on Monday, so will give them one last go.

Seems the concensus is they're too small, I'd go with that. They definitely don't feel too big and I got my normal size, whereas I maybe should have sized up.

If it doesn't work... I'll be getting some sketchers I think, not sure which ones yet... Might just buy a couple including the strombergs and suck up the return postage cost for the ones I don't want

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got shoe stretchers on my 360's and am playing on Monday, so will give them one last go.

Seems the concensus is they're too small, I'd go with that. They definitely don't feel too big and I got my normal size, whereas I maybe should have sized up.

If it doesn't work... I'll be getting some sketchers I think, not sure which ones yet... Might just buy a couple including the strombergs and suck up the return postage cost for the ones I don't want

Don't think the stretchers will make a difference. I bought a pair of Adidas in size 8 which I am in everything from normal shoes to any type of sport shoe I've used (athletic spikes, football boots, cricket boots etc) and they were tight and gave me blisters from the off. Wanted to give Adidas another go at the Silvermere Boxing Day sale last year. Put some golf socks on and was up to 9.5 and they still felt tight so decided to give them a big swerve.

Spoon

Visit site
Don't think the stretchers will make a difference. I bought a pair of Adidas in size 8 which I am in everything from normal shoes to any type of sport shoe I've used (athletic spikes, football boots, cricket boots etc) and they were tight and gave me blisters from the off. Wanted to give Adidas another go at the Silvermere Boxing Day sale last year. Put some golf socks on and was up to 9.5 and they still felt tight so decided to give them a big swerve.

Yeh, I don't hold out too much hope to be honest... But worth a try. Tee times booked and new shoes wouldn't get here in time anyway

sunshine

Visit site
Were you wearing the wide or narrow fitting?

Spoon

Visit site
Update!

Success!! ? It seems that the magic solution was indeed to take the insoles out. With the boost cushioning they're still plenty comfortable and it allows my foot to just sit that much lower in the heel cup, this combined with 4 days in shoes stretchers and they're amazing.

It wasn't until I got to the 14th that I remembered these had been the shoes from hell, they'd not bothered me at all... I'll have to find another excuse now :/