New Shotscope X5

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Mine came on Tuesday. Was supposed to be on an Aimpoint course today, followed by 18 holes using my new X5 and Ping G430 driver for the first time.
Aimpoint and golf cancelled due to thr weather 🌧️🌧️. Try again tomorrow

For anyone new to Shotscope, I would advise sticking some kind of silicone pad on each of the tags as the numbers on them rub off fairly quickly (couple of years for mine) making them difficult to identify. Its not a problem until you take them all of at the same time and then cant identify the clubs they came from! Will also make the gadget easier to sell in the future
if you ever get stuck again just re-register them. I’m personally used to this with Arccos as they have no numbers on their ones.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
if you ever get stuck again just re-register them. I’m personally used to this with Arccos as they have no numbers on their ones.
Hmm. Not sure that will work. Sure you can assign any tag to any club (except putter) but if you dont know the actual number of the tag, it will be luck if you get the right tag assigned to the correct club. You'd have to do it by trial and error on the golf course

Hacky

Visit site
I received my midnight blue x5 last Saturday (I’m a first time user and bought via Affordable golf). I like the feel when wearing and played 9 holes for the first time yesterday. It wasn’t fully successful due to operator error, but it didn’t miss a shot (unlike my driving to hit the fairways!) and it was easy to make good my issues post round. Having another go tomorrow at Willingdon and hopefully I’ll be a bit more clued up on what I’m doing.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Hmm. Not sure that will work. Sure you can assign any tag to any club (except putter) but if you dont know the actual number of the tag, it will be luck if you get the right tag assigned to the correct club. You'd have to do it by trial and error on the golf course
Next time maybe pencil or sharpie the numbers on the tags. interested in your idea though. Have you got a link to what you use? How’s reception after use?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Next time maybe pencil or sharpie the numbers on the tags. interested in your idea though. Have you got a link to what you use? How’s reception after use?
I got something similar - 20mm x 2mm, but they're unavailable atm. Unfortunately the ones i got are slightly opaque, so you cant see the numbers through them anyway! Had to use white golf club paint to infill the numbers which is a bit messy and hasnt worked that well, but will do.
Will find out tomorrow if they workIMG_20230414_202033.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414_201046_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414_201046_com.android.chrome.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 3

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I got something similar - 20mm x 2mm, but they're unavailable atm. Unfortunately the ones i got are slightly opaque, so you cant see the numbers through them anyway! Had to use white golf club paint to infill the numbers which is a bit messy and hasnt worked that well, but will do.
Will find out tomorrow if they workView attachment 47347
Ah those things. Shouldn’t be too intrusive on the signal. You could get really small ones and stick around the number/letter.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mine arrived on Tuesday and sadly having all sorts of issues. Cannot complete the onboarding process as the watch continuously disconnects from my iPhone. Shot Scope have been responsive however not managed to get to the bottom of it. I had no such issues with their H4 and my phone is not the problem so I think it’s probably a duff watch. Hoping it’ll be resolved early next week as I’m now pushing for a replacement.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On to the 3rd firmware update since I got mine. Nice to see improvements being made and hopefully it will address the stability and usability issues I’ve had.

Not sure when I’ll next be playing to try it again is the only problem.

TigerBear

Visit site
X5 was pre-ordered on 21st March. Received last week.

Only just been able to get out today. Stunning on the wrist, and still getting used to fiddling about with it.

Did have trouble with the GPS trying to find my home course. Wouldn't find it when in the carpark, which is right next to the 1st hole or when stood on the 1st tee box. Couple of switching it on and off and it found it eventually.

Anyone else had this issue?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
X5 was pre-ordered on 21st March. Received last week.

Only just been able to get out today. Stunning on the wrist, and still getting used to fiddling about with it.

Did have trouble with the GPS trying to find my home course. Wouldn't find it when in the carpark, which is right next to the 1st hole or when stood on the 1st tee box. Couple of switching it on and off and it found it eventually.

Anyone else had this issue?
I had this issue on the v3 initially. It should be ok next time hopefully but they did say on the v3 model it can take a few mins to connect. A restart can be required infrequently too.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site

To correctly identify which tag is which, just hold it up to the watch and it displays what tag is active.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
To correctly identify which tag is which, just hold it up to the watch and it displays what tag is active.
Agreed, but does that work away from a golf course? I assumed you have to be at a golf course and connected. Or is that not the case?