New Shotscope X5

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Support feedback is that they had some stock of stealth black which were shipped out immediately. All other orders will be a few days after 11th April.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Support feedback is that they had some stock of stealth black which were shipped out immediately. All other orders will be a few days after 11th April.
Thats really annoying! I ordered an upgrade stealth black one by 10am on Monday 20th, less than 45 minutes after i got the email. I'll be really disappointed if i have to wait until after 11/04 to get mine, especially as they've already taken the money.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Thats really annoying! I ordered an upgrade stealth black one by 10am on Monday 20th, less than 45 minutes after i got the email. I'll be really disappointed if i have to wait until after 11/04 to get mine, especially as they've already taken the money.
This is the response. Suggest they’ve maybe gone to full paying customers which I guess is right really given the big discount.

Thank you for your email.

Only orders for Stealth Black watches were shipped out ASAP.

All upgrade watches will be shipped out on the 11th of April. The watch should arrive a few days after that.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
This is the response. Suggest they’ve maybe gone to full paying customers which I guess is right really given the big discount.

Thank you for your email.

Only orders for Stealth Black watches were shipped out ASAP.

All upgrade watches will be shipped out on the 11th of April. The watch should arrive a few days after that.
Thanks for that. I see what you're saying but do think loyal customers (this is my 3rd shotscope watch) should be treated equally to new customers, so should have been on a first come, first served basis.
On the flip side, if i was paying an extra £100 I would expect to get mine asap.

I think Shotscope should have been upfront about despatch dates when i ordered it, but at least i know when to expect it now

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Been hovering over clicking buying one for two days now. Anyone got one already and if so is it worth it compared to the V3? Aesthetically I like it more but not sure that’s enough justification!

Springveldt

Visit site
I got the email as well but since I only use the V3 as a golf watch I won’t be upgrading. The strap is a bit tight on my fat wrists and the X5 strap is the same length so I wouldn’t be able to wear it as an everyday watch.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for that. I see what you're saying but do think loyal customers (this is my 3rd shotscope watch) should be treated equally to new customers, so should have been on a first come, first served basis.
On the flip side, if i was paying an extra £100 I would expect to get mine asap.

I think Shotscope should have been upfront about despatch dates when i ordered it, but at least i know when to expect it now
Yeah. It would be far too much effort to find out who had how many devices but a £100 discount is massive given it’s not even a trade in deal.

Springveldt

Visit site
Yeah. It would be far too much effort to find out who had how many devices but a £100 discount is massive given it’s not even a trade in deal.
It’s only massive if they manage to sell it for £280. I suspect it will be discounted pretty quickly.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I got the email as well but since I only use the V3 as a golf watch I won’t be upgrading. The strap is a bit tight on my fat wrists and the X5 strap is the same length so I wouldn’t be able to wear it as an everyday watch.
There’s too many other things I use on my Apple Watch to swap over to a permanent use device. No matter how it’s spun, it’s a golf gps watch that happens to tell the time (and erm count steps🤷🏻‍♂️).

Teebs

Visit site
Has there been any 'real' reviews yet? Shotscope seem to use alot of Golf influences and partners to 'review' their products which always leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I understand why they do it, but I don't ever feel you get a true review..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Has there been any 'real' reviews yet? Shotscope seem to use alot of Golf influences and partners to 'review' their products which always leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I noticed that with Andy’s golf blog on you tube. He was too excited about it being a smart watch as he had long awaited for a steps function 😂.

I’ve had some trouble with V3 personally. The first watch just dropped dead. The second the tags wouldn’t read (suspect a faulty strap) but the entire shot scope works would argue this is just bad luck.

The v3 for me was the best on the market by far. Game golf is rubbish and Arcoss is a ridiculous subscription with battery powered glue sealed tags that were expensive to replace but I now see they are giving them away with new clubs now.

Back to v3, the X5 has to good upgrades for me. 1. It looks much better 2. The range of the tag reading is greatly improved that there should be no issues.

Beyond that, the v3 is perfectly fine given you can get it for £120 off Amazon right now.

Teebs

Visit site
I noticed that with Andy’s golf blog on you tube. He was too excited about it being a smart watch as he had long awaited for a steps function 😂.

I’ve had some trouble with V3 personally. The first watch just dropped dead. The second the tags wouldn’t read (suspect a faulty strap) but the entire shot scope works would argue this is just bad luck.

The v3 for me was the best on the market by far. Game golf is rubbish and Arcoss is a ridiculous subscription with battery powered glue sealed tags that were expensive to replace but I now see they are giving them away with new clubs now.

Back to v3, the X5 has to good upgrades for me. 1. It looks much better 2. The range of the tag reading is greatly improved that there should be no issues.

Beyond that, the v3 is perfectly fine given you can get it for £120 off Amazon right now.

I think I'll stick with the V3 for a little longer. The used price for one now will be pittance given the amount now for sale on eBay.
Using the ShotScope LX and V3 watch gives me enough data to think about currently..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I think I'll stick with the V3 for a little longer. The used price for one now will be pittance given the amount now for sale on eBay.
Using the ShotScope LX and V3 watch gives me enough data to think about currently..
Yes it does. I used to be a big advocate of the laser range finder but I seem to be switching allegiances to gps at the minute. Still good for wedge shots though.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

Not totally independent but a good video

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went out for a quick 9 holes on the Balgove with my daughter this morning so was able to give my X5 a try for the first time.

I’m pretty impressed, it’s picked up all the clubs and shots without issue. Although it’s a bit of a faff getting used to having to record my putts and hole location as a new routine. I don’t feel at ease with it around the greens yet but hopefully that will settle in as habit. Looking forward to seeing some revealing stats in the coming months…

If I can last that long with it. I absolutely hate the strap. It’s discombobulating and unpleasant to wear. I know it may seem minor but its a massive annoyance that triggers something in me.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Went out for a quick 9 holes on the Balgove with my daughter this morning so was able to give my X5 a try for the first time.

I’m pretty impressed, it’s picked up all the clubs and shots without issue. Although it’s a bit of a faff getting used to having to record my putts and hole location as a new routine. I don’t feel at ease with it around the greens yet but hopefully that will settle in as habit. Looking forward to seeing some revealing stats in the coming months…

If I can last that long with it. I absolutely hate the strap. It’s discombobulating and unpleasant to wear. I know it may seem minor but its a massive annoyance that triggers something in me.

The strap has been rubbish since V1, I can't tell you the amount of times I've emailed them and said 'copy what Garmin do'!