New Shotscope X5

sjw

Visit site
it looks better but given i only wear it for golf, dont think its worth the extra money to upgrade

I'm in a similar boat. Would have to sell my existing one to justify it and I know what I'm like, I'd never get around to it. Plus, the V3 was a gift and I'd feel a bit bad telling my dad I'd changed it after I asked for it originally.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
it looks better but given i only wear it for golf, dont think its worth the extra money to upgrade
I’d agree if I wasn’t needing a replacement. Giving £100 off to existing users is a great touch but is the only way to get people to upgrade as it’s not that functionally different to the V3. It’s a lot more aesthetically pleasing though.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat. Would have to sell my existing one to justify it and I know what I'm like, I'd never get around to it. Plus, the V3 was a gift and I'd feel a bit bad telling my dad I'd changed it after I asked for it originally.
Both are great products and I would be looking to wear it into the ground before you replace.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine arrived today. Obviously haven’t been able to use it to play golf yet but some initial impressions on general form factor, wearability and user experience.

It’s got quite a nice watch feel to it. It’s not as big or chunky as I feared but the face and strap are still a little larger than I’d prefer as I have tiny weak wrists. It still only seems to be a good golf watch rather than being a good watch though. It’s not something I could wear anywhere except on course, which may turn out to be fine, we’ll see.

The strap is on the wrong way around to convention for wearing on the left arm, the buckle is on the bottom/inner side of the wrist. Not sure if that’s intentional? Hopefully I can unscrew it and flip that around as that will drive me absolutely crazy.

The screen is pretty decent, clear enough when it’s both lit and unlit. However it collects fingerprints significantly. By being used to so many better oleophobic displays, watches and devices now that is going to annoy me.

Hate the charging cable. USB-A at one end and some nasty proprietory dongle at the other. So many cheaper things are all USB-C now this is actually a real disappointment. I didn’t even think to check prior to the impulse purchase.

Setup experience was fine, the App and pairing with an iPhone all works flawlessly as you’d hope.

That’s it so far then. I‘m looking forward to trying it on course and hopefully the experience in play makes me forget about the above niggles.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it's like the previous shotscopes, the strap is the aerial for picking up the sensors on the clubs.

The "wrong way round" thing really bugged me on the V3.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
What colour did you go for? I ordered Monday and nothing as yet, on another forum where SS actively post they suggested that orders weren’t being posted until 11th April.
It was 11th April for normal non upgrade orders but my order confirmation say 1-3 business days for uk orders.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It was 11th April for normal non upgrade orders but my order confirmation say 1-3 business days for uk orders.

I’m not sure that’s correct, the 1-3 business days is once the product is dispatched not for the entire process. I’ll drop them an email today and ask when it’s expected.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Must have been in the office early today as they’ve replied already….

“All upgrade watches will be shipped out on the 11th of April. The watch should arrive a few days after that.”