New Shotscope X5

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My watch arrive this morning so they are on next day delivery by the look of it. However because Royal Mail didn’t activate the tracking ref when I checked at 8am this morning, I popped out for breakfast and missed them! I then had to spend 3 times getting the rebooking system to work.

Nothing against the workers but as a company Royal Fail really are rubbish!

Teebs

Visit site
My watch arrive this morning so they are on next day delivery by the look of it. However because Royal Mail didn’t activate the tracking ref when I checked at 8am this morning, I popped out for breakfast and missed them! I then had to spend 3 times getting the rebooking system to work.

Nothing against the workers but as a company Royal Fail really are rubbish!

RM are a shambles at the moment. I had something delivered yesterday, RM tracked and no tracking info - just showed up.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
RM are a shambles at the moment. I had something delivered yesterday, RM tracked and no tracking info - just showed up.
An ex colleague of mine, whose husband works for them said tracking shocking. The basic tracking you sometimes get, they change the tracking code in the depot.

I even called up to complain once. All they tried to do is deflect my complaint to the postman himself! They never ever called me back and the earliest redelivery date they could offer me was two days later than what was online! Everything that could go wrong, went wrong with that delivery.

All this from a company who used to advertise on billboards that for every person a satisfied customer recommends a service to, a dissatisfied customer will grumble to 10!

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Used my X5 for the first time yesterday and have to say, was a little underwhelmed.
No issues with tagging or accuracy, but found myself constantly fiddling with the watch to get to the screen I wanted.
Biggest disappointment was the pin placement screen as it is so small that trying to get accurate positioning is impossible. I had thought it would be broken down into quadrants as i had seen images with dots on them. However the dots disappear when you go into the screen.
Im sure after a few uses it will become second nature, but i am missing the simplicity of the V3.

Hacky

Visit site
Second round using the new x5 yesterday and again it didn’t miss a shot. There was a firmware update which I installed prior to starting; two of the changes were the unlock screen (swipe up rather than hold for 3 seconds) and vibrate reminder at the end of a hole. I had problems with the ‘swipe up’ registering which caused untold annoyance and the vibrate alert was almost negligible. I do like the stats it reveals at the end of a round, particularly the club averages etc and it is a nice piece of kit too wear but I’m finding the screen not fully responsive all the time. Hopefully, as a newcomer to Shotscope it is something I will gradually come to love the use of (or it appear in the ‘for sale’ forum).

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Second round using the new x5 yesterday and again it didn’t miss a shot. There was a firmware update which I installed prior to starting; two of the changes were the unlock screen (swipe up rather than hold for 3 seconds) and vibrate reminder at the end of a hole. I had problems with the ‘swipe up’ registering which caused untold annoyance and the vibrate alert was almost negligible. I do like the stats it reveals at the end of a round, particularly the club averages etc and it is a nice piece of kit too wear but I’m finding the screen not fully responsive all the time. Hopefully, as a newcomer to Shotscope it is something I will gradually come to love the use of (or it appear in the ‘for sale’ forum).
Is there not a setting to increase the vibration response? You’re right with the rest. It’s stuff you’ll get used to. 🙂

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I must admit I was tempted by the offer when the new one came out, but decided to stick with my V3. After playing on Saturday, I decided that the V3 gives me everything I need. Other peoples requirements will, of course, differ.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I must admit I was tempted by the offer when the new one came out, but decided to stick with my V3. After playing on Saturday, I decided that the V3 gives me everything I need. Other peoples requirements will, of course, differ.
I think you made the right decision. The X5 is certainly more flashy, but having used it 4 times, I've decided that the v3 is less intrusive and simpler to use while still providing the same info i need.
I should at least get my money back on it though.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My prestige black one has arrived. Have to say I find the strap comfy and it looks fantastic! I’m used to rubber straps though as I mainly use my sports strap on my Apple Watch as it’s easy to clean sun cream off.

Don’t know when I’ll get to try this though. Torrential rain forecast on metcheck in the northeast again from Thursday and even snow next week. Im praying it’s one of the rare times the bbc do a better job at predicting the long range forecast.

Hacky

Visit site
Is there not a setting to increase the vibration response? You’re right with the rest. It’s stuff you’ll get used to. 🙂
No, as far as I can see the vibrate option is either enable or disable and not adjustable. In my hand I feel the short burst vibrate but wearing on the wrist, it seems les noticeable. Maybe it’s my excitement of pulling the ball out of the cup after so many birdies that I just overlook the vibrate (in my dreams!)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
No, as far as I can see the vibrate option is either enable or disable and not adjustable. In my hand I feel the short burst vibrate but wearing on the wrist, it seems les noticeable. Maybe it’s my excitement of pulling the ball out of the cup after so many birdies that I just overlook the vibrate (in my dreams!)
I know what you mean. I couldn’t find a setting earlier either and I like to wear my watch comfortably, slightly lose so I think it will not be noticeable to me either.

TigerBear

Visit site
I had this issue on the v3 initially. It should be ok next time hopefully but they did say on the v3 model it can take a few mins to connect. A restart can be required infrequently too.
Was out again this morning, few firmware updates but still takes a bit of time to find the course but gets there eventually.

Definitely better after the updates. And the new swipe up feature is much better.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Was out again this morning, few firmware updates but still takes a bit of time to find the course but gets there eventually.

Definitely better after the updates. And the new swipe up feature is much better.
yeah I saw on the user guide that I need to allow time for the GPS auto kick in, certainly first time out anyway. I’ll take the tip and check for further updates this afternoon.

sjw

Visit site
I had this issue on the v3 initially. It should be ok next time hopefully but they did say on the v3 model it can take a few mins to connect. A restart can be required infrequently too.
My V3 does this occasionally, and I just have to tee off and hope it finds it down the first so I don't have to add too many shots in by hand.

I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago wherein it kept saying no courses found within 1km (I was on the practice green) and then when it finally found it on the first tee, it reckoned I was more than 1000 yards away from every hole apart from the 18th! Cancelled the round and started again, and it was fine. I hope it doesn't pull that stunt again because it left me very grumpy and annoyed for the first few shots!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My V3 does this occasionally, and I just have to tee off and hope it finds it down the first so I don't have to add too many shots in by hand.

I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago wherein it kept saying no courses found within 1km (I was on the practice green) and then when it finally found it on the first tee, it reckoned I was more than 1000 yards away from every hole apart from the 18th! Cancelled the round and started again, and it was fine. I hope it doesn't pull that stunt again because it left me very grumpy and annoyed for the first few shots!
All that said, it still sounds better than Arccos and Game golf!

My v3 I would start early after putting and when I was getting tees etc together before walking down to the first. More often than not it clicked in as I walked up to the tee. I get the impression it needs to be close by before fully clicking in, post course selection.

sjw

Visit site
All that said, it still sounds better than Arccos and Game golf!

My v3 I would start early after putting and when I was getting tees etc together before walking down to the first. More often than not it clicked in as I walked up to the tee. I get the impression it needs to be close by before fully clicking in, post course selection.
I found out recently that you can pause the round, which is not something that was obvious at all to me. If you're on a tracking mode, hold the top left button and then you'll get the option to pause. You can then start your round as soon as you arrive at the course, pause, and then do all the warming up you want, without having to worry about it timing out on the course selection screen etc.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Well first round was full of issues. Missed several shots and crashed twice. I’ve got a ticket into the support team so will see what they say.

I’m also surprised that the club on the watch face shows the tag id and not the linked club. I.e. my 3 hybrid shows as h1 not h3. This sounds trivial but I’m using a 7 hybrid and a 7 iron over the winter so the tags will be misaligned in my set. I’ve fed that back to them too.