New member what to do

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
So you have clearly not been reading any of my posts correctly. I’ve never once made a complaint by email and I’ve explained quite clearly what was said. Playing the marshal against the pro please explain how you have came to this conclusion I’m desperate to know ?

Read the second line of your very opening post. You emailed the club. You said so yourself. Given the content of your opening post and everything you’ve said since I think even the most blinkered person would see that you are complaining, although you refer to it as “raising concerns”.

And by seeking supportive views of marshals and the pro so you can then complain about how the club is run, you are playing individuals and groups against one another in an attempt to achieve your underlying objective - hassle free, millionaire’s golf. It’s as clear as day.

G1z1

Visit site
Read the second line of your very opening post. You emailed the club. You said so yourself. Given the content of your opening post and everything you’ve said since I think even the most blinkered person would see that you are complaining, although you refer to it as “raising concerns”.

And by seeking supportive views of marshals and the pro so you can then complain about how the club is run, you are playing individuals and groups against one another in an attempt to achieve your underlying objective - hassle free, millionaire’s golf. It’s as clear as day.
So yes you clearly didn’t read my posts lol email was asking a question regarding the rules and other was pointing out there seems to be a lot of people skipping on at weekend.
How have I been seeking support from the marshal ? only thing I’ve mentioned to him was that ive personally noticed a few people skipping on when I’m walking off around 7:30/8pm. He said to me it was basically poor with his out of date printed tee sheet and he doesn’t really catch anyone in the afternoon, I just laughed when he was telling me this. So again I’m amazed how you get I’m stirring stuff up from that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leftitshort

Visit site
To answer the title? Find some mates to play with? Issue seems to be you playing as a 1 ball. Can’t imagine playing a full round like that

G1z1

Visit site
To answer the title? Find some mates to play with? Issue seems to be you playing as a 1 ball. Can’t imagine playing a full round like that
I never really thought of that I’ll maybe try join a group and see if that stops people skipping on.

Billysboots

Visit site
So yes you clearly didn’t read my posts lol email was asking a question regarding the rules and other was pointing out there seems to be a lot of people skipping on at weekend.
How have I been seeking support from the marshal ? only thing I’ve mentioned to him was that ive personally noticed a few people skipping on when I’m walking off around 7:30/8pm. He said to me it was basically a *** show with his out of date printed tee sheet and he doesn’t really catch anyone in the afternoon, I just laughed when he was telling me this. So again I’m amazed how you get I’m stirring stuff up from that.

“People are regularly pushing in front of me”, “people don’t use BRS”, “the 10th is dangerous”……….

I am paraphrasing, but that is what you are saying, and that amounts to a complaint about how the club is being run. End of.

G1z1

Visit site
“People are regularly pushing in front of me”, “people don’t use BRS”, “the 10th is dangerous”……….

I am paraphrasing, but that is what you are saying, and that amounts to a complaint about how the club is being run. End of.
I’ve never mentioned anything about people starting on the 10th to the marshal or people in front of me or BRS so yet again you clearly haven’t or can’t read me posts correctly. I’ve only ever talked about people skipping on to the marshal, are you getting this yes no maybe ? End of.

Billysboots

Visit site
I’ve never mentioned anything about people starting on the 10th to the marshal or people in front of me or BRS so yet again you clearly haven’t or can’t read me posts correctly. I’ve only ever talked about people skipping on to the marshal, are you getting this yes no maybe ? End of.

Here’s another piece of well intended, friendly advice. If you start a thread on a discussion forum seeking people’s advice/opinions, don’t then get the arse when people offer advice/opinions you either disagree with, or don’t really want to hear. And worse still, don’t patronise with the liberal use of “lol” or by suggesting that grown adults are incapable of reading.

And it really is agonisingly difficult to have a meaningful discussion with someone who changes his mind every five minutes;

“Again about the email I sent off I can’t stress this enough it was a very polite email saying 1 that I’ve seen a lot of people skipping on or either not booking on the tee sheet”

Is that, or is that not, an email to the club in which you have “raised concerns”, or complained, about people not using the tee booking system, A.K.A BRS? Regardless of which club official you’ve raised it with, marshal, pro, committee or whoever, one of your chief gripes is people not using the booking system, and you then finding yourself stuck behind golfers you weren’t expecting to find in front of you.

Much the same as the people behind you, who weren’t expecting to have you in front of them because, whilst you use BRS, you might as well not bother given you don’t book a time until a few minutes prior to stepping on the tee.

You are effectively “raising concerns”, or complaining, about yourself.

G1z1

Visit site
Here’s another piece of well intended, friendly advice. If you start a thread on a discussion forum seeking people’s advice/opinions, don’t then get the arse when people offer advice/opinions you either disagree with, or don’t really want to hear. And worse still, don’t patronise with the liberal use of “lol” or by suggesting that grown adults are incapable of reading.

And it really is agonisingly difficult to have a meaningful discussion with someone who changes his mind every five minutes;

“Again about the email I sent off I can’t stress this enough it was a very polite email saying 1 that I’ve seen a lot of people skipping on or either not booking on the tee sheet”

Is that, or is that not, an email to the club in which you have “raised concerns”, or complained, about people not using the tee booking system, A.K.A BRS? Regardless of which club official you’ve raised it with, marshal, pro, committee or whoever, one of your chief gripes is people not using the booking system, and you then finding yourself stuck behind golfers you weren’t expecting to find in front of you.

Much the same as the people behind you, who weren’t expecting to have you in front of them because, whilst you use BRS, you might as well not bother given you don’t book a time until a few minutes prior to stepping on the tee.

You are effectively “raising concerns”, or complaining, about yourself.
Lol yea ok billy

G1z1

Visit site
He's trying to help you.
That’s the point he wasn’t trying to help. He made out I was stirring up trouble and trying to play the marshal off against the pro and when I called him out on it he just jumped onto something else. So no that’s not trying to help.

My original question was should I go in to talk to the office as I didn’t get a reply from my email and a few people did give a helpful reply saying no that’s not how it works it will likely be brought up later on at a meeting and me being new to golf I didn’t even think of that. So they people were very helpful now I have an idea of how a golf club is run but billy was in no way helpful.

Billysboots

Visit site
That’s the point he wasn’t trying to help. He made out I was stirring up trouble and trying to play the marshal off against the pro and when I called him out on it he just jumped onto something else. So no that’s not trying to help.

My original question was should I go in to talk to the office as I didn’t get a reply from my email and a few people did give a helpful reply saying no that’s not how it works it will likely be brought up later on at a meeting and me being new to golf I didn’t even think of that. So they people were very helpful now I have an idea of how a golf club is run but billy was in no way helpful.

“I don’t know your age, or how long you have been playing golf, but please accept the following as well meant, friendly advice from someone who has spent a good deal of the last 40+ years in and around various golf clubs, and served on committees at two of them. Get your feet under the table, get to know different groups of members, see how the land lies and gauge the views of others on the “politics” of the club. If, then, you still feel aggrieved, that will be the time to consider taking the club to task about how it is run.”

The above is perhaps the best advice I can ever give anyone new to a golf club, who is clearly unhappy about elements of how that golf club is run. Sorry if you don’t find it helpful, but as you clearly acknowledge yourself that you do not know the finer workings of golf clubs, grudgingly accepting my help may just mean that you don’t come across as yet another new member who is quick to criticise. Golf clubs are full of them and, believe me, they quickly make themselves very unpopular.

As for your egotistical suggestion that you “called me out”, don’t flatter yourself. Go and puff your chest out elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 23270

The first thing you need to do is find out if these other people are members. Once you have done that you can work out the best course of action.

G1z1

Visit site
“I don’t know your age, or how long you have been playing golf, but please accept the following as well meant, friendly advice from someone who has spent a good deal of the last 40+ years in and around various golf clubs, and served on committees at two of them. Get your feet under the table, get to know different groups of members, see how the land lies and gauge the views of others on the “politics” of the club. If, then, you still feel aggrieved, that will be the time to consider taking the club to task about how it is run.”

The above is perhaps the best advice I can ever give anyone new to a golf club, who is clearly unhappy about elements of how that golf club is run. Sorry if you don’t find it helpful, but as you clearly acknowledge yourself that you do not know the finer workings of golf clubs, grudgingly accepting my help may just mean that you don’t come across as yet another new member who is quick to criticise. Golf clubs are full of them and, believe me, they quickly make themselves very unpopular.

As for your egotistical suggestion that you “called me out”, don’t flatter yourself. Go and puff your chest out elsewhere.
Yet another pointless post lol once again I’ll ask. Please explain how I’ve tried to stir up trouble at the club and play the marshal off against the pro ?