New handicap changes 2019 on

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m a bit confused with it all??hows it going to work?they doing away with the catergorys ect .will the changes be for the better?cheers in advance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

The changes in 2019 are changes to the Rules of Golf - the HC changes you are talking about are in regards the World Handicap System which is being proposed later which and exact date not exactly confirmed yet

And my opinion the WHS will be a little different but your overall HC won’t be massively different - whether it will be better or not we will find out when it gets going and fully confirmed

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The changes in 2019 are changes to the Rules of Golf - the HC changes you are talking about are in regards the World Handicap System which is being proposed later which and exact date not exactly confirmed yet

And my opinion the WHS will be a little different but your overall HC won’t be massively different - whether it will be better or not we will find out when it gets going and fully confirmed

Excellent answer!

Also use the search facility here for recent threads on WHS which include the highlights and lowlights!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The two major changes are a) the removal of categories and b) handicap will be calculated as the average of the best 8 from your last 20 scores. The CONGU ratchet of 0.1 up and category values down will go.

D

Deleted member 15344

The two major changes are a) the removal of categories and b) handicap will be calculated as the average of the best 8 from your last 20 scores. The CONGU ratchet of 0.1 up and category values down will go.

But not happening in 2019 to ensure there isn’t any confusion with the RoG changes happening in 2019

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m a bit confused with it all??hows it going to work?they doing away with the catergorys ect .will the changes be for the better?cheers in advance

As others have said - early 2019 for WHS.

I think one of the biggest changes / advantages will be it will be more responsive and reflect current playing ability than current system.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
So the handicap system will be far more accurate I take it ,I’ve read into it a bit and it a bit and understand it better now thanks for the replys