"New" Driver

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Well I've had my Adam Superspeed a while now and I love it but I was once told by a Pro that golfers should try and keep up with current tech on drivers (leave irons, they are just lumps of metal) so I'm on the hunt. I used to have a Cobra liked that, Cleveland liked that then the Adams. I'm leaning towards the Cobra F8. Has anyone else got any suggestions? I'd prefer forgiveness with a bit extra distance.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well I've had my Adam Superspeed a while now and I love it but I was once told by a Pro that golfers should try and keep up with current tech on drivers (leave irons, they are just lumps of metal) so I'm on the hunt. I used to have a Cobra liked that, Cleveland liked that then the Adams. I'm leaning towards the Cobra F8. Has anyone else got any suggestions? I'd prefer forgiveness with a bit extra distance.

Hard to be subjective without any guide to budget etc. If you are looking at forgiveness then I think Ping are amongst the most forgiving out there. If you aren't hung up on the absolute latest releases I am sure you could find a bargain second hand on somewhere like Affordable Golf or Golfbidder

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I buy all my clubs second hand from eBay. Just picked up a TaylorMade M4 driver in fabulous condition for £150. The bargains are out there ... but be sure to use sellers with high numbers of transactions and high (99%+) feedback.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Plenty of things to watch/read out there, including GM. These have a decent rep. You can look at different years, and for 2018 they did further splits by swingspeed
https://mygolfspy.com/2018-most-wanted-driver/

Arguably what it really shows is there is very little between them, and it mostly comes down to what shaft/head works with your swing and what suits your eye.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If you are looking after forgiveness Mr PING is your best friend. However am sure someone will be along soon and say spend it on lessons ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Got the f8, awesome bat!

I had the original amp that I was fitted for and loved it, had it in the bag for 3/4 seasons, changed for the sake of changing and since have had a 913, 915, xr, newer xr, 816, but the f8 is by far the best (for me), I just love the cobra feel.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Irons do move on for sure and are certainly not just lumps of metal on a stick...

I also doubt driver tech moves on so fast you have to keep up.

Driver change every 5 years and irons every 7 is the general accepted frequency for the average avid golfer.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Irons do move on for sure and are certainly not just lumps of metal on a stick...

I also doubt driver tech moves on so fast you have to keep up.

Driver change every 5 years and irons every 7 is the general accepted frequency for the average avid golfer.

I'm just about to pull the trigger after 3 years of my irons and thought I was doing well!

???

My putter is almost a year old, now that is a long time for a putter ...... Right?

?️