new clubs for 2021

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve had my clubs for 8yrs now, bar a new driving iron and replacement wedges, turned 40 in December and asked the wife to tell people I’d rather have vouchers for new clubs, I’ve now got a few hundred quid which will go towards Irons and probably a Driver and 5W, just need C19 to do one so I can hit a few!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
When I can get to the pro shop going to have a gaping session for my woods and hybrids.

last time I looked couldn’t find anything to better my 6 year olds Mizuno JPX EZ's woods. Although the hybrids where replaced by some TM Sim's.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's going to be new set of Ping irons (prob i210s); maybe I'll keep my Vokey wedges; probably replace my 3i hybrid with a couple of new ones (3i and 5i); will keep my Ping G20 4w but a new driver as my G10 snapped a few months back. And I'll keep my Odyssey putter. Not much new to be working on then...

I've been promising myself, and been promised them by my Mrs, for a few years now - just not got around to it - and as my daughter's b/f is my club Pro I'll maybe get a cut-price fitting and lesson or two...maybe :)

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Having changed my entire bag in the last 6 months, including being fitted for everything bar putter, I will be putting any monies I would have spent on gear this year towards lessons instead. Had one booked for the 26th so I need to ring up the shop and get it moved

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’m just thinking of getting my 9 year old Cleveland CG16 irons reshafted.
I’m very happy with them and will new irons really make that much of a difference ?
Maybe a fitting might improve strike and dispersion, but a £600 difference between costs for new shafts over irons makes me wonder ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I won't change blindly, but whilst the Apex are a lovely club, I've only gone backwards since I've had them, was a 13 handicapper, now 18?. Want to switch to some more forgiving clubs.

That's exactly what my intentions were...wanting something more forgiving as I was getting older/slower....and I couldn't hit a barn door with the mizzies!!!! During the effective 8 months plying time that I had them I went from 11 to 14. Since I've gone back to the Apex I've dropped from 14 (Congu) back down to (now a WHS index) 11.3.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
More Hybrids, will be Titleist as that is what I’ve got already and find to my eye anyway that they look square at address.
Ill need to adjust my bag to suit, but just find them easier to hit and I need as much help as I can get ??

Visit site
Would like a new driver and very tempted to get a callaway epic flash. I know I should really go for a fitting but guessing by the time lockdown ends the new lines will be out so may not be an option.
Boredom is really making me want to buy something though!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would like a new driver and very tempted to get a callaway epic flash. I know I should really go for a fitting but guessing by the time lockdown ends the new lines will be out so may not be an option.
Boredom is really making me want to buy something though!

Ebay
Affordable golf

Have them listed at £319
But currently 20% off with a discount code valid the next couple days.... ?

Do it

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn’t get enough use in 2020, the plan was to get a driver fitting and I sold a bit of stuff off and got a serious budget but not really interested at the moment to change stuff until we can use them

Visit site
Ebay
Affordable golf

Have them listed at £319

Do it

Ha ha that's what I've been looking at!!
Ebay
Affordable golf

Have them listed at £319

Do it

You must have been reading my mind!

Although I've just seen another thread on here linking to pxg clubs - all so tempting