new clubs for 2021

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve decided that I cannot afford new clubs in any form so just going to get my irons refurbished with golfironsUK.

Got a quote coming, any others worth investigating?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As manufacturers are releasing new shinies, what new clubs are your wish list for this year?

i am thinking of binning my F9 3 wood and getting a Callaway (not sure which one yet) and i also like the look of the Odyssey 7 O works

so my 3 wood has been sold to golf bidder.

now to find a replacement

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was fitted for stiff irons.

I thought the traction 85 was a Cleveland made shaft. A club fitter at my place fitted the shaft, saying he couldn’t get the original shaft !

Maybe your knowledge is better than his. I thought the flight would be the same ?

I remember trying to find out about that shaft when I had the 588TT's and never got to the bottom of it.:unsure:

aaajjj7589

Visit site
Cobra RAD irons for me I think. I bought a cheap beginners set in May 2020 (Wilson Profile XD) to see if I could get the Golf bug and I certainly have got it now so it's time to invest in some new clubs and drive my circa 22 handicap down this year when we're allowed out again. Only been playing since May last year and haven't even been for 20 rounds of Golf in my entire life yet due to Lockdowns etc.

Been doing some research on the RADs and you're looking at roughly an extra 15-20 yards on each club irrespective of whether you hit the sweet spot or not. I've got the Speedzone Driver from last year which, if I catch up sweetly enough, will carry about 250 and roll upto 270. Average is about a 230 yard carry mind so Driver doesn't need changing but the irons and putter definitely do.

And with the RADs I am wondering whether to go with the 4 iron or whether to invest in a 3 or 5 wood instead for those par 5's or short par 4's. Guess we'll have to see how my fitting goes and how I get on. Never been for a fitting before so need to do some research on that too so that I am not miss sold anything.

smahon87

Visit site
Cobra RAD irons for me I think. I bought a cheap beginners set in May 2020 (Wilson Profile XD) to see if I could get the Golf bug and I certainly have got it now so it's time to invest in some new clubs and drive my circa 22 handicap down this year when we're allowed out again. Only been playing since May last year and haven't even been for 20 rounds of Golf in my entire life yet due to Lockdowns etc.

Been doing some research on the RADs and you're looking at roughly an extra 15-20 yards on each club irrespective of whether you hit the sweet spot or not. I've got the Speedzone Driver from last year which, if I catch up sweetly enough, will carry about 250 and roll upto 270. Average is about a 230 yard carry mind so Driver doesn't need changing but the irons and putter definitely do.

And with the RADs I am wondering whether to go with the 4 iron or whether to invest in a 3 or 5 wood instead for those par 5's or short par 4's. Guess we'll have to see how my fitting goes and how I get on. Never been for a fitting before so need to do some research on that too so that I am not miss sold anything.

Not to dampen your enthusiasm and I'm certain you'll notice some improvements compared to the Wilsons but I would be very, very weary of expecting to get an extra 15-20 yards per club. Unless there's a massive difference in loft between the Wilsons and the RADs I doubt you'll see much difference aside from more forgiveness and easier to launch, if you got an extra 10 yards I'd consider that a massive win.

aaajjj7589

Visit site
Having watched alot of the reviews from alot of different Pro's on the clubs - they were surprised to be getting the extra distance without doing an awful lot with the clubs or swinging faster. the 7 iron's loft is 27.5 I think and my current 7 iron is 35 so that's a fair amount of variance.

As you say though, even if its an extra 10 yards then it's a win.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Having watched alot of the reviews from alot of different Pro's on the clubs - they were surprised to be getting the extra distance without doing an awful lot with the clubs or swinging faster. the 7 iron's loft is 27.5 I think and my current 7 iron is 35 so that's a fair amount of variance.

As you say though, even if its an extra 10 yards then it's a win.

7.5 degrees should give you 15 to 20 yards so why not save money and stamp new numbers on your old clubs? ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Disagree all you like
Your link proves nothing

Maybe you're confused
For a change
The perimeter weighting you refer to and link shows, is about the screw in toe area

The notch is to aid adjustment?

The notch SILH refers to is on heel as he stated

Apologies. Joy of 12 hour shift and not a good one so skim read it. Didn't see it properly. My fault