new clubs for 2021

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Ebay
Affordable golf

Have them listed at £319
But currently 20% off with a discount code valid the next couple days.... ?

Do it

Callaway preowned £259 for "like new"... the one I got before Xmas had never been swing. Just didn't have the "flash face" sticker on it. I've had 3 clubs from there now that have been immaculate. Even an "average" condition wedge was clearly brand new when it arrived.

Edit: just realised the discount code at affordable golf makes it cheaper there. DO IT!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just ordered a set 4-LW of the new PXG 0211 irons
Should have them in about 3 weeks.

Lucky! My missus has said she'll get me a set of irons for my 30th but won't buy them without me trying them first ? as soon as this lockdown is over I'll be in wilmslow trying them

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lucky! My missus has said she'll get me a set of irons for my 30th but won't buy them without me trying them first ? as soon as this lockdown is over I'll be in wilmslow trying them
Was down for a fitting next week, but due to lock down it's not happening. I will get them spec checked when fittings are back on.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I’m just thinking of getting my 9 year old Cleveland CG16 irons reshafted.
I’m very happy with them and will new irons really make that much of a difference ?
Maybe a fitting might improve strike and dispersion, but a £600 difference between costs for new shafts over irons makes me wonder ?

If you are very happy with them why resift them; if it ain't broke... :unsure:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just ordered a set 4-LW of the new PXG 0211 irons
Should have them in about 3 weeks.

I looked at those. Then I got my spec sheet out from the fitting I did last February. The shaft that was a stock shaft when I did my fit has somehow become a £35 per stick upgrade, and £10 per club for a Golf Pride grip I'll pass.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I looked at those. Then I got my spec sheet out from the fitting I did last February. The shaft that was a stock shaft when I did my fit has somehow become a £35 per stick upgrade, and £10 per club for a Golf Pride grip I'll pass.
I just went for the stock graphite shaft. I have steel fibre shafts in my current 0211 irons which are an upgrade option. I got them second hand and would, not have paid the extra for them.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody hell, 7 wood to hit 220 yards ! How far do you hit Driver ?

Hahaha, 215/220 . My 4i carry is 190/ 195, my 3i carries the same distance but rolls out more.

3 wood carries 220 rolls out 230/240 and driver carrys 240 rolling to 260.

The 4i and 7 wood are the same loft but im hoping the 7 wood with the longer graphite shaft will go further than the 4i.

I'll add that during the past couple of months I've been going to a "trackman" driving range in Ollerton , near Knutsford , Cheshire. Each bay has a trackman and you can normalise the data so its not specific on the conditions your hitting in. I had an idea on my distances anyway but Its a superb place to practise. Its only recently opened but its been done superbly.

D

Deleted member 1147

Anyone recommend a hybrid which doesn’t automatically just go left?