New BBC Presenter For The Masters

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well with Hazel Irvines retirement from presenting The Masters, just who would do that????????, we can look forward to a new presenter and lets hope it will be a male this time. Huh? What now? It's what? Who???? Is there really no male presenters out there? That fresh faced fella on Breakfast must be kicking himself for saying he can't work on a Sunday, so is now confined to early morning TV and "1 1/2 hours sleep" after staying up to watch the end of The Masters. He could have been there next year! It really sadden me that there are no male presenters out there to present MALE SPORT. I do not want to be bothered with some eye candy grinning at me I want a bloke keeping me informed of what's going on.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well with Hazel Irvines retirement from presenting The Masters, just who would do that????????, we can look forward to a new presenter and lets hope it will be a male this time. Huh? What now? It's what? Who???? Is there really no male presenters out there? That fresh faced fella on Breakfast must be kicking himself for saying he can't work on a Sunday, so is now confined to early morning TV and "1 1/2 hours sleep" after staying up to watch the end of The Masters. He could have been there next year! It really sadden me that there are no male presenters out there to present MALE SPORT. I do not want to be bothered with some eye candy grinning at me I want a bloke keeping me informed of what's going on.

What reasons did he give for not being able to work on a Sunday - or for choosing to not work on a Sunday?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Serious post or wind up?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dan Walker is awesome, he'd make a great golf presenter but I wouldn't think it would be possible to combine that with breakfast tv.
He already does the footy programme as well doesn't he?

D

Deleted member 15344

A little bit late for an April Fool ?

Could you be more insulting towards ladies

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf is predominantly a male sport. How many lady members do you have at your place? I want to see blokes discussing how players have coped with the days play. It just doesn't sit well with me with women presenters on a male sport. Don't start me on football. Good grief!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf is predominantly a male sport. How many lady members do you have at your place? I want to see blokes discussing how players have coped with the days play. It just doesn't sit well with me with women presenters on a male sport. Don't start me on football. Good grief!

And you wonder why?
#Dinosaurinthehouse

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But we're talking about the presenter here aren't we? They usually have two or three ex-players in the studio to discuss the ins and outs of it, all of whom will be male - all the presenter has to do is ask them pertinent questions. A woman should be equally capable of that I would have thought. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah I agree, maybe we should change the presenters of Masterchef to women as cooking is a woman's job :rolleyes:

Why not talk us through your reasons why it shouldn't be a woman?

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User62651

BBC get stick on here but Hazel Irvine has been really professional in her golf anchor presenting role, think she's been pretty terrific at the Masters tbh, has an effective comforting 'mother hen' subtle style when asking tricky questions or dealing with 'disappointed' players too. Steve Rider before her was also excellent, Lineker just didn't work at golf (not helped by a surly Tiger), he's good at football though.
With BBC losing more and more golf is a replacement really needed or do they just get Claire Balding in?