New BBC Presenter For The Masters

U

User62651

Sad/blinkered? Why is it sad/blinkered to have an opinion? I haven't said golf is just for men, but The Masters is! It's just something I'm not comfortable with. Does Hazel actually play? I've not heard about her actually playing golf. I would like my presenter of sport to actually be involved in it. This shows commitment and playing knowledge. To walk out on presenting The Masters shows she has neither.
Is she supposed to present the masters until she's dead? She's been involved with golf on BBC for 25 years - is that not commitment?

D

Deleted member 15344

Sad/blinkered? Why is it sad/blinkered to have an opinion? I haven't said golf is just for men, but The Masters is! It's just something I'm not comfortable with. Does Hazel actually play? I've not heard about her actually playing golf. I would like my presenter of sport to actually be involved in it. This shows commitment and playing knowledge. To walk out on presenting The Masters shows she has neither.

I think you need to educate yourself both on equality and also the history of Hazel Irvine at BBC golf - you're clearly lacking in both

Yes you are entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean you are entitled to broadcast such a sexist opinion , you are the worst type of person that still exsists within golf and if your club suffers from lack of lady members I can clearly see why

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Blinkered not because you have an opinion but because you have failed to back up that opinion. Actually Hazel does play the game and represented St Andrew's University whilst a student.

Mastercracker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think you need to educate yourself both on equality and also the history of Hazel Irvine at BBC golf - you're clearly lacking in both

Yes you are entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean you are entitled to broadcast such a sexist opinion , you are the worst type of person that still exsists within golf and if your club suffers from lack of lady members I can clearly see why

He's entitled to broadcast any opinion he wants, unfortunately for him everyone else is just as entitled to take the piss out of it when it's complete nonsense.

Lets get Lineker and Vaughan back instead, they were excellent.

DCB

Visit site
Blinkered not because you have an opinion but because you have failed to back up that opinion. Actually Hazel does play the game and represented St Andrew's University whilst a student.

And still managed to play comfortably to a low teens handicap whilst juggling her career/travel and family life before she moved down South with the Beeb.

The reason she is giving up was her decision as she wanted to spend more time with her family. Can't argue with that.

D

Deleted member 21258

Personally I would prefer to see a ex professional golfer presenter, whether that be male or female it would not bother me. Allows for a more inside view of what is going on and what it is like to be playing there.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wee Hazel has been epic. So sorry to hear she's off (through choice?). May I suggest that they approach Judith Ralston (BBC Scotland Weather - Scots here will know who I am talking about). I'm sure she plays - and she'd put the 'lads' in their place :)

D

Deleted member 1147

Personally I'm glad she's off, not because she's a woman, because I just don't really like watching her on TV.
She's one of the main reasons I watch sky (as well as better punditry & commentary generally), even with the adverts.
I just wish she wasn't carrying on with the snooker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's entitled to broadcast any opinion he wants, unfortunately for him everyone else is just as entitled to take the piss out of it when it's complete nonsense.

Lets get Lineker and Vaughan back instead, they were excellent.
Get Justin Timberlake to do it. He is apparently a scratch or near-scratch golfer, and crucially, he is a man, so he'd be perfect. :clap:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

And you can comment on me without actually knowing me, yet I get ripped to bit for doing the same about the lady in question? It's an opinion. I do not see it as sexist in any way at all. I get on with all the ladies at my place. So ner!

D

Deleted member 15344

And you can comment on me without actually knowing me, yet I get ripped to bit for doing the same about the lady in question? It's an opinion. I do not see it as sexist in any way at all. I get on with all the ladies at my place. So ner!

It's sexist when you suggest that the reason someone shouldn't present a television show is because she is female , it's clear sexism and we can comment on your attitude that you display on here.