New Bargains Thread

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sizes seem pretty standard, I am a 9 in most shoes and the 9 in these fit ok, maybe slightly neat but they are leather uppers so I expect they will give a little after a few rounds. The biggest concern with them I have is after buying them, I came across some reviews on them and there seems to be an issue with them squeaking rather loudly after a short period of time, unfortunately I don’t expect to be wearing mines for a few months yet so won’t be able to test them out. Thanks.

Cheers, John
I have a pair and the squeaking drove me mad for about the first 10 rounds especially on greens if it was a bit damp. Tried everything to get rid of it but it eventually stopped. lovely shoes through and so comfortable.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a trip to American Golf in Bournemouth today. They had some brand new SIM drivers on sale for £50. A bargain if you want a driver with a regular 45 gram shaft, with a head loft of 11 degrees. Picked it up for a waggle and it had more flex than a fishing rod?

However, I did manage to get two pairs of Stromberg trousers for £30 each?

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a trip to American Golf in Bournemouth today. They had some brand new SIM drivers on sale for £50. A bargain if you want a driver with a regular 45 gram shaft, with a head loft of 11 degrees. Picked it up for a waggle and it had more flex than a fishing rod?

£50 for a brand new Sim driver? That’s unbelievably cheap

Bobthesock

Visit site

£50?? At that price I'd of bought the lot and stuck them on ebay

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It is, but with the very light and whippy shaft it’s probably of use only to some old fellah with a swing speed of less than 50 mph.

The Airspeeder shaft on the Sim 2 Max D drivers was 45g and they were going for £399.

Crazy they would be selling them off at £50.

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site

Is the shaft interchangeable?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site

Is this a mickey take? Even if the shaft was a plank of wood, it would still be worth way more than £50...

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't think the SIM came with a 11 degree head
Maybe I have got the loft wrong as there were a few in the rack that I looked at. I picked a few up to look at to see if there were any with a stiff shaft. Unfortunately not because at that price I would have had one. Looks like my nine year old 910 will be in my bag for a while longer.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Maybe I have got the loft wrong as there were a few in the rack that I looked at. I picked a few up to look at to see if there were any with a stiff shaft. Unfortunately not because at that price I would have had one. Looks like my nine year old 910 will be in my bag for a while longer.

i think I'd have bought it and bought a shaft for it, even if you paid 100 quid for a shaft its still a bargain!

jmcp

Visit site
I have a pair and the squeaking drove me mad for about the first 10 rounds especially on greens if it was a bit damp. Tried everything to get rid of it but it eventually stopped. lovely shoes through and so comfortable.

I did read a tip that stated that if you lifted the insole and put down talc powder that it cured the squeak, probably a load of rubbish but will try anything if they start squeaking lol Thank.

Cheers, John

Larry long dog

Visit site

That would have been £50 off, not £50!

Mike79

Visit site
Cobra XL speed 10 piece golf set £479.98 @ Costco Trafford Park (maybe nationwide)
I know lots of people will make comments about starter sets but for some this will be just what they are looking for.
3851243_1.jpg

Anyone know if these are still available? No starter sets showing on the website but wondered if still in store?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I did read a tip that stated that if you lifted the insole and put down talc powder that it cured the squeak, probably a load of rubbish but will try anything if they start squeaking lol Thank.

Cheers, John
Polish usually cures squeaking shoes if they're leather.