New Bargains Thread

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The driver at £205 direct from pxg is that price with only 2 shaft options.
All others are upgrades
Also with their std grip, all other grips are upgrades.

If fitted into one of these at sggt
I'd be almost certain it won't be 205, I've used sggt a few times now, retail prices have no real bearing, you're buying a hand made Saville row suit, not an off the peg item

The 205 is a pxg direct to customer price
That is incorrect. There is a shaft choice in two different weights from four manufactures, Project X, Aldila, Fujikura & Mitsubishi, 8 shafts in total.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
How have PXG moved from being one of the most expensive brands a few years ago to now offering some of the lowest priced clubs?
Just seems odd to me.
Clearing out old stock they couldn’t sell at the original price?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is incorrect. There is a shaft choice in two different weights from four manufactures, Project X, Aldila, Fujikura & Mitsubishi, 8 shafts in total.

Both wrong

The fujikura option is £100 upgrade

I've not checked site lately
But once over there was only Aldila nv, or project x cb, at no uncharged
As my mate purchased one when 1st released, and that's all that was available at stock standard price
He paid 275 for it then too

peld

Visit site
Both wrong

The fujikura option is £100 upgrade

I've not checked site lately
But once over there was only Aldila nv, or project x cb, at no uncharged
As my mate purchased one when 1st released, and that's all that was available at stock standard price
He paid 275 for it then too
For a Stiff shaft, there are 10 options , 8 are n/c, 2 of which (Fujikura) are £100 upcharge.

peld

Visit site
Would love to find out if his fitting fee is waived if the driver is only £205 !

I'm certain his fee wont be waived on anything.
I'm doing this for the experience really. I have never been fitted for a driver, but i hit my M6 fairly well. I'd be surprised if anything gives me a huge boost in distance/accuracy (at least enough worth paying for)., but it helps give me insight in to some numbers, detail etc that might be useful if i upgrade anytime soon.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm doing this for the experience really. I have never been fitted for a driver, but i hit my M6 fairly well. I'd be surprised if anything gives me a huge boost in distance/accuracy (at least enough worth paying for)., but it helps give me insight in to some numbers, detail etc that might be useful if i upgrade anytime soon.

You will enjoy it for sure

I've only been for iron fittings in the past
1st time there was eye opener at attention to detail

Not just hitting various 7 iron shafts from a fitting cart at your local pros or AG
Big difference

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
For a Stiff shaft, there are 10 options , 8 are n/c, 2 of which (Fujikura) are £100 upcharge.

Yes, my mate was just regular flex, not stiff
Had choice of aldila nv 55
Or project x cb 50

More shafts been added since

Just as a side note
He bought without trying
Covid.....lockdown.....cabin fever
Gave it a right good go
But went back to his Ping G400, off shelf purchase too

But the pxg is a good looking head

Brads

Visit site
If you buy from him after a fitting his fee is taken off the purchase price.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Nike Air Zoom Infinity Tour Shield or something along those lines. £108 from ASOS with the 15% off code.
Looking forward to the grip from the 3 mega spike things.

peld

Visit site
You will enjoy it for sure

I've only been for iron fittings in the past
1st time there was eye opener at attention to detail

Not just hitting various 7 iron shafts from a fitting cart at your local pros or AG
Big difference

For the benefit of everyone, i went to Scott Gourlay for a driver fitting yesterday (40th Bday present). Was fitted by Ross.
I explained I was there out of curiosity as whilst id had some form of iron fittings before, I had never been fitted for a driver so wondered is there anything out there better for me.
Warmed up, then hit a few shots with my own driver (TaylorMade M6 9deg, Atmos Black stiff shaft 66g (stock), set stock 9deg).
He then lowered the loft (7.75deg) which opened the face and flattened lie and i hit a few more. This change made me hit a bit straighter as i was previously hitting out the toe. Was getting c270y carry rolling out to 290y (i think). 105/106 clubhead, 140-150 ball speed
Long story short, we tried a number of heads and shafts (TSI3, STZ, Radspeed, SIM2s, and some expense shafts) and we couldnt beat my adjusted driver. Lots of good shots and plenty close but my 3 longest and straightest where my own - a stock M6 that cost me £150 brand new!

We had some time at the end to look at 3 woods. I game an M6 3W rocket (14deg), Atmos Orange stiff (60g). Can hit it miles, but also often out the toe which makes it go left. Immediate observation was the shaft was too light, and i need to flatten lie/open face. but cant do it with that head. He recommended an Aldila Green 75g, that was set with a TSI3 13.5deg head.

The recommended 3 wood presents a conundrum - its not a Titleist shaft option so will need to be built, £300 (after my fitting fee was taken off). It is a PXG stock shaft though, so could save £100 or so ordering 0211 or 0341, but have never hit the PXGs....

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For the benefit of everyone, i went to Scott Gourlay for a driver fitting yesterday (40th Bday present). Was fitted by Ross.
I explained I was there out of curiosity as whilst id had some form of iron fittings before, I had never been fitted for a driver so wondered is there anything out there better for me.
Warmed up, then hit a few shots with my own driver (TaylorMade M6 9deg, Atmos Black stiff shaft 66g (stock), set stock 9deg).
He then lowered the loft (7.75deg) which opened the face and flattened lie and i hit a few more. This change made me hit a bit straighter as i was previously hitting out the toe. Was getting c270y carry rolling out to 290y (i think). 105/106 clubhead, 140-150 ball speed
Long story short, we tried a number of heads and shafts (TSI3, STZ, Radspeed, SIM2s, and some expense shafts) and we couldnt beat my adjusted driver. Lots of good shots and plenty close but my 3 longest and straightest where my own - a stock M6 that cost me £150 brand new!

We had some time at the end to look at 3 woods. I game an M6 3W rocket (14deg), Atmos Orange stiff (60g). Can hit it miles, but also often out the toe which makes it go left. Immediate observation was the shaft was too light, and i need to flatten lie/open face. but cant do it with that head. He recommended an Aldila Green 75g, that was set with a TSI3 13.5deg head.

The recommended 3 wood presents a conundrum - its not a Titleist shaft option so will need to be built, £300 (after my fitting fee was taken off). It is a PXG stock shaft though, so could save £100 or so ordering 0211 or 0341, but have never hit the PXGs....
If you buying from them after fitting are they taking full fitting fee off ?
Fancy some new irons myself

jmcp

Visit site

You have similar clubhead and ball speed to myself but greater carry distance at 270yrds, what was the carry distance you were getting with your previous M6 settings and was there anything different about your ball flight (higher, higher/lower spin etc..) after your driver was adjusted ? Just wondering if there is anything I can learn from it. Thanks.

Cheers, John

peld

Visit site
The opening of the face change helped to minimise the draw spin when I hit in the toe, and the deloft reduced back spin a little to give me a few yards distance. Flights were fairly similar.
Obviously this is trackman carry, and hitting the same shot after shot. I doubt I’d carry 270 every time on course. Prob 250-260 is more realistic, but I have hit 300yrds a few times.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nike Air Zoom Infinity Tour Shield or something along those lines. £108 from ASOS with the 15% off code.
Looking forward to the grip from the 3 mega spike things.
I just got some infinity tour shields from asos for £105 from £160. They don't look the best but they do what it says on the tin