New Bargains Thread

D

Deleted member 16999

Can anyone recommend mittens that attach to a powakaddy?

Old man wanted the heated motocaddy ones but theyre not compatible!
Will be interested to see the responses to this, the morocaddy ones I have do fit into the USB port on my powakaddy but was advised not to use to prevent possible damage to the battery, I therefore use a separate poweradd energy cell, they're lovely and warm
I play with a lad who uses his motocaddy mittens on his powakaddy, he too uses a power bank to charge them.

Initially he bought them after seeing mine on my motocaddy trolley and when he first bought them he plugged them into his powakaddy, but they never really got hot compared to mine, he switched to the powerbank and now both sets seem the same heatwise.

I’ve no idea if it’s something to do with circuit boards or something else built in, but initially he thought he’d wasted his money until we plugged his set into my trolley to check them and they worked fine.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I play with a lad who uses his motocaddy mittens on his powakaddy, he too uses a power bank to charge them.

Initially he bought them after seeing mine on my motocaddy trolley and when he first bought them he plugged them into his powakaddy, but they never really got hot compared to mine, he switched to the powerbank and now both sets seem the same heatwise.

I’ve no idea if it’s something to do with circuit boards or something else built in, but initially he thought he’d wasted his money until we plugged his set into my trolley to check them and they worked fine.

Cheers Paul! Very helpful!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Sklz accelerator pro putting trainer instore Costco Leeds - £34.78
I don't know if it's available in other Costco's, but I see it's currently on Amazon at £46.75.
3841959_1.jpg

sunshine

Visit site
Nike sizes are depend on the style/width.

My air Max 270 are a snug 10.5 but narrow. The air max 90 are a 9.5 and fit perfectly.

This just seems weird. We all know that a size 10 will vary for different brands. But why would Nike make a size 10 golf shoe in different shapes? Bizarre!

I have Air Max 270G and they are tighter, but I think that is just the fit rather than the measurements. They are the same size as other Nike shoes I've had, but just tighter to slide on and grip your foot more because there is no tongue.

sunshine

Visit site
I found football boots just as random. Premiers are true to size. I have a pair of 360 elite that are an 8.5. And a pair of mercurial vapor astros that are an 11. These are extremely narrow.

With football boots my personal preference has always been to have them as snug as possible, so if anything I went half a size down. I noticed that when Nike moved in the direction of the slipper like fit they also went for snug fitting. Maybe that's why you had these issues, they don't work for people with wide feet?

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I saw a previous post about this - seems like its true!

It is true, somebody at ours this morning was giving it look at my new heated gloves, I noticed they were Motocaddy’s, I looked down and saw the Powakaddy logo on his battery and stood back, he switched them on, they burst into life warming up nicely, all good till he pressed the button on the trolley and it did not move.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks,
Handed over email addy and got additional 10% off ?

I did that as well. Forgot to mention in my haste to spread the love ?

Two OJ polos, a lovely mid layer and a Pair of shorts for £101. Can’t argue with that.

Rrp would probably be north of £250 at least.

Steviefella

Visit site
Pxg 0211DC irons down to £75 each online at pxg.
I made a half set up few months back to try, enjoyed them and now filling the gaps. Good options for customising as well?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pxg 0211DC irons down to £75 each online at pxg.
I made a half set up few months back to try, enjoyed them and now filling the gaps. Good options for customising as well?

Nuts that.

Can pick up a set 3 all the way through to LW for £750 quid new.

10 clubs for less than it would cost for 6 mizuno hot metals.

I’ve a bag full of them so I’m biased (because they are lush!) but PXG represent the best value in golf right now IMO.

peld

Visit site
Continuing on the PXG theme the 0211 drivers are now down to £205.
Yes that is £205 for a brand new custom build driver with a 5 to 6 week lead time.
I got mine about 3 weeks ago and after half a dozen rounds I love it.
https://www.pxg.com/en-gb/clubs/drivers/0211

Its my 40th next week and im going for a driver fitting at Scott Gourlay - ill certainly be asking about the 0211 especially if its still £205 and offers something better than my M6

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd challenge you on that - custom built Sub70 699s are £455 for 7 irons (4-AW).

I’ve heard great things about sub70 and they were on my hitlist prior buying my last set of Vegas.

There’s a good few straight to customer offerings these days Orka, new level and possibly even Caley

Respectfully though. Whilst all clubs essentially do the exact same thing, I’d argue that PXG operate in a slightly different market than Sub70 so still represent massive value.

Either way.

The OEM’s need to be careful as they are completely pricing themselves out the market currently. I’m glad there are a few disrupters in the market for us all to take advantage off.

Brads

Visit site
Its my 40th next week and im going for a driver fitting at Scott Gourlay - ill certainly be asking about the 0211 especially if its still £205 and offers something better than my M6
Would love to find out if his fitting fee is waived if the driver is only £205 !

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The driver at £205 direct from pxg is that price with only 2 shaft options.
All others are upgrades
Also with their std grip, all other grips are upgrades.

If fitted into one of these at sggt
I'd be almost certain it won't be 205, I've used sggt a few times now, retail prices have no real bearing, you're buying a hand made Saville row suit, not an off the peg item

The 205 is a pxg direct to customer price