New Bargains Thread

marksman

Visit site
How many people ripped the hell out of American golf for their own gain during the double trade in? Even buying clubs off eBay to sell to AG for new stuff only to either upgrade their bag or sell on for profit
There is a difference though. I think the UA mistake was a technical glitch . But in the AG double trade in offer , several high earning board members sat around a table and a majority of them decided it was a great idea . The store managers at AG could still refuse a trade in if the clubs didn’t meet their expectations. It certainly seemed like a daft idea , but AG are still around and probably growing .

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If AG made a Profit on them Clubs. How were they ripped off. Could AG of not employed someone to look On EBay and bought them clubs In the first place.

They didn't make a profit on the club's in the main

When I traded in my irons I got £225 for ping g15 irons (in 2016) can't have sold for much more than that

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a difference though. I think the UA mistake was a technical glitch . But in the AG double trade in offer , several high earning board members sat around a table and a majority of them decided it was a great idea . The store managers at AG could still refuse a trade in if the clubs didn’t meet their expectations. It certainly seemed like a daft idea , but AG are still around and probably growing .

Different owners, twice I think since?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
With the greatest respect, most weren’t “loyal customers”.
I'm not sure how that's relevant. In business a customer is a customer, and if you treat them with contempt they won't be a customer for long. What's worse is that they will tell everyone they know how bad the company is. UAs rating was OK on Trustpilot before that fiasco, but it plummeted afterwards, and even now 94% of customers rate it 'bad'.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm not sure how that's relevant. In business a customer is a customer, and if you treat them with contempt they won't be a customer for long. What's worse is that they will tell everyone they know how bad the company is. UAs rating was OK on Trustpilot before that fiasco, but it plummeted afterwards, and even now 94% of customers rate it 'bad'.

I'm not gonna go and check trust pilot. But if. A significant amount of those reviews are still from the same incident then it wouldnt deter me or many other I'm sure.

This is a huge company. Not an up and coming one that probably cares about a TP rating.

Also, the majority simply weren't customers. They were chancers. I was one of em. It didn't work. Ah well move on. Like said originally. Most people missing out on a legit purchase maybe had to wait for a £30-50 refund. Anything above that was likely a new "customer"....

D

Deleted member 15344

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You should! I've just looked at all the recent reviews and surprise surprise, all the negative ones were about shocking customer service!
I just checked them, Nike and Adidas. All in similar brackets.

All with between 1k and 5k reviews.
Typically those that complain will do so loudest. I've never left a review due toy shirt arriving on time for example.

But even if I had. 5k reviews since their inception. Whether good, bad or indifferent is an absolute drop in the ocean to their total sales.

AdamW

Visit site
Just arrived a really nice dark blue Original Penguin golf shirt, as worn by mullet-top at The Players! - £20 plus £2.95 postage!! Crazy price! Just checked - only small left now, sorry I was late with the post. Other reductions still on the site.
Which website was it from?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Skechers GO GOLF Pro 4 Legacy Golf Shoes
£79.50 at Snainton Golf.
skechers-go-golf-pro-4-legacy-214001-gylm_6.jpg