New Bargains Thread

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
What happened?
They had a pricing error and there was hundreds of products all priced at £8. Everyone went on and bought loads of stuff. A few people got bits through but most orders were cancelled and they took weeks to refund people, not replying to messages etc, pretty awful customer service.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
What made things worse was that they never apologised. They could also have offered some kind of goodwill gesture like 10% off to the people who had to wait for their money back.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I totally get the lack of communication and the lengthy delay in refunding but it seems to me like people trying to take advantage of a genuine error, if the items were only £8 each unless you had ordered an absolute shed full of items the refund amounts would hardly be the end of the world.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I totally get the lack of communication and the lengthy delay in refunding but it seems to me like people trying to take advantage of a genuine error, if the items were only £8 each unless you had ordered an absolute shed full of items the refund amounts would hardly be the end of the world.

Very true, but it wasn't their money to keep. They should have refunded the money automatically when the order was cancelled.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think initially they sent some Stuff out at the sale price. Folk Didn’t know it was a price glitch. Then with the power of the internet it just went mad. TooK UA an age to sort prices etc and to then refund money. They never covered themselves in glory.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
CORRECT.
There was no communication and customers had to wait weeks for refund.
I still refuse to buy their stuff after the sale fiasco some on here may remember…
So because you weren’t able to take the “p” you boycotted them?

the way that all went they would have been Inundated with errors. As far as I aware everyone got their money back didn’t they?

surely you Weren’t too out of pocket unless you spent £1000’s to try a bit of profiteering?

Tashyboy

Visit site

the way that all went they would have been Inundated with errors. As far as I aware everyone got their money back didn’t they?

surely you Weren’t too out of pocket unless you spent £1000’s to try a bit of profiteering?
Some may say it was UA taking the P as well.

Yorkhacker

Visit site

You seem to have missed the point. It was UAs error and they treated their customers with contempt and did not even acknowledge they were the ones who cocked up. Appalling customer service, no wonder some people won't buy from them again. Nothing to do with not getting a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

Tashyboy

Visit site
You seem to have missed the point. It was UAs error and they treated their customers with contempt and did not even acknowledge they were the ones who cocked up. Appalling customer service, no wonder some people won't buy from them again. Nothing to do with not getting a bargain as far as I'm concerned.
Is the correct answer. ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Talking of bargains, sniffled a
Lovely Oscar Jacobson jacket for £50 on sports pursuit. Do like to OJ range for style and quality

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I was one of those who mentioned it originally. With the greatest respect, most weren’t “loyal customers”. They were people out for a bargain. Could they have been responded to better? Most likely, but I’d imagine UA spotted 1000’s of new accounts being created and didn’t bother.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I’ve bought a few bits off sports pursuit as well
Saw the OJ stuff and could of gone mad. But we saving for some new shinys. That went belly up after a rammel fitting day at Ping due to a poor swinging day from Tash. Now Ave a couple Of quid burning an hole in me pocket.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was one of those who mentioned it originally. With the greatest respect, most weren’t “loyal customers”. They were people out for a bargain. Could they have been responded to better? Most likely, but I’d imagine UA spotted 1000’s of new accounts being created and didn’t bother.

How many people ripped the hell out of American golf for their own gain during the double trade in? Even buying clubs off eBay to sell to AG for new stuff only to either upgrade their bag or sell on for profit

Tashyboy

Visit site
How many people ripped the hell out of American golf for their own gain during the double trade in? Even buying clubs off eBay to sell to AG for new stuff only to either upgrade their bag or sell on for profit

If AG made a Profit on them Clubs. How were they ripped off. Could AG of not employed someone to look On EBay and bought them clubs In the first place.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Me!

I got left with 3 sets I couldn't shift. Sold for pennies on eBay. But it had done its job.

Re the UA sale. I bought 5 items for me n old man when thought it was legit, as it went live at midnight and happened to be on a night shift (got them), then I took the p and git no joy.

I'm all for taking advantage. But acknowledge you've chanced it. Don't play woe is me as you missed out.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If AG made a Profit on them Clubs. How were they ripped off. Could AG of not employed someone to look On EBay and bought them clubs In the first place.

They did it as a loss leader imo. With two main reasons.

One, to get people in the store to but expensive sets where they may have lost a bit of profit, but still would have made some. But people just bought drivers and sold em online.

2, to wipe out resell businesses such as golf bidder. But failed massively.

Tashyboy

Visit site

One, to get people in the store to but expensive sets where they may have lost a bit of profit, but still would have made some. But people just bought drivers and sold em online.

That I didn’t know ??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You missed reason 3

It made it look like a massive sales boost when they were being sold

Cooking the books at its finest