New 4BBB Calculation

brfcfan

Visit site
Hi Is anyone clear on how to work this out. I have been told different ways, one where you don’t round at all and secondly where you round before taking 90% off the difference to the low man?

wjemather

Visit site
Hi Is anyone clear on how to work this out. I have been told different ways, one where you don’t round at all and secondly where you round before taking 90% off the difference to the low man?
Start with the rounded Course Handicaps and add any par (mixed tee) adjustments.
Strokes received are then 90% of the difference from the lowest.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Start with the rounded Course Handicaps and add any par (mixed tee) adjustments.
I can understand BRFCfan's confusion

The EG Guidance on the change says what you are saying but the example in in the WHS guidance on the rules (page 43) shows another in their example, with CR mixed adjustments being made after taking off 90% and then using the difference in PH (or is that it is just badly written).

wjemather

Visit site
I can understand BRFCfan's confusion

The EG Guidance on the change says what you are saying but the example in in the WHS guidance on the rules (page 43) shows another in their example, with CR mixed adjustments being made after taking off 90% and then using the difference in PH (or is that it is just badly written).
Version 2.4 of the guidance. Page 46.

1711706765984.png

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

I've been looking at the language used in the various missives I found on the 'net... some of them are really confusing.

Assuming the app gives you your rounded course handicap, it's just 90% difference from lowest player's ch.
Showing the maths makes it more complicated. I'm wondering why folk would go anywhere near it.😁 (actually, I know why!)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been looking at the language used in the various missives I found on the 'net... some of them are really confusing.

Assuming the app gives you your rounded course handicap, it's just 90% difference from lowest player's ch.
Showing the maths makes it more complicated. I'm wondering why folk would go anywhere near it.😁 (actually, I know why!)
Yes one of the troubles is that the example shown in the book (see post #4) shows each man playing off a different tee (when would that happen in the real world) against 2 ladies off another tee.