Help please - temporary winter conditions

cunnini

Visit site
Hi - can you help?

I'm due to play 1/4 final of singles winter knockout Saturday - course has been closed for nearly a month but opened yesterday - here's the wiggle though, one hole says 'tee it on the other side of the river from the tee' . Does anyone know can my oppo and i just agree on the day where, or do we need to seek advice beforehand, and secondly do we just keep the same stroke index for the hole? ( Icant see how we can't just trying to check)

thanks for all help/guidance

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You should follow the club instruction and use the designated tee and the same stroke index.

Last edited:

Steven Rules

Visit site
Players are required to follow the Rules. (Rule 1.2a)

The Rules require that a player must start each hole by playing a ball from anywhere inside the teeing area. (Rule 6.1b)

If the player and opponent agree not to apply the Rules, and either of those players has started the round, they are both disqualified. (Rule 3.2d(4))

Swango1980

Visit site
As others have said, I'd be shocked if the club haven't just put the tee markers on the other side of the river. No need to keep them on that actual tee box.

As for indexes and all that, unless the club have said anything different, which I doubt, I'd just play off the SI on the card.

Our winter league has been ridiculous. When course is open, we have often had 3 holes closed, and once we had 6 holes closed. Winter greens on many holes, with bucket holes. Some winter greens make hole much different, like a 550 yard par 5 into a 220 yard par 3 (SI 5), or a 340 yard par 4 into a 150 yard par 3 (SI 8). In each of our matches we have simply all been happy to use the SIs on the card and if the hole is closed, you simply lose the shot if you would have had one. Theoretically, we could recalculate the handicaps based on holes open, and redistribute shots. But, no-one can be bothered. It is winter, just enjoy being out in the fresh air and what will be, will be. In fairness, it has always been me that seems to be more negatively impacted by hole closures, as I usually get 2 shots and SI 2 is always closed if anything is closed, so I lose 50% of my shots, higher handicappers lose a smaller proportion. And when 6 holes were closed, bloomin SI 1 and 2 were both closed.

Swango1980

Visit site
We play all official matchplay games from the tombstones on the white tees.
Regardless of where the tee of the day is.
You have a tee of the day? I'm trying to figure out what you mean. I assume you don't mean you play from where the white tees would be, but are not present in that location when you play your match?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We play all official matchplay games from the tombstones on the white tees.
Regardless of where the tee of the day is.
Do you play from the tombstones even if the ground staff are renovating the area and there are 'tees of the day' available?

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you play from the tombstones even if the ground staff are renovating the area and there are 'tees of the day' available?
Probably not on that tee.
We play from them even if the tees are right next to them or 50yds away.

If under renovation it would be GUR I imagine so no play from GUR.
Nearest possible tee would be my guess ,it’s never happened to me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have a tee of the day? I'm trying to figure out what you mean. I assume you don't mean you play from where the white tees would be, but are not present in that location when you play your match?
No even when the white tees are out all matches are off the tombstones.

cunnini

Visit site
Update........................

It didn't matter as match called off as course waterlogged! I've no idea whether there was a white tee on the second or not!