Need AGM info from you guys.....do it then.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours is in January (I think :confused:) Subs being due before April? Might wander along this year to see if it is still the same old shouting match.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ours is the start of December with subs due by mid January.

do think it's a bit wierd as potentially people leaving who could have a deciding influence on things for a season where they will not be there to take part?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

do think it's a bit wierd as potentially people leaving who could have a deciding influence on things for a season where they will not be there to take part?

I'd look at it the other way in that I would want to see what the plans are before shelling out for another year....

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had ours 3 weeks ago, subs have to be paid by the end of Jan, no increase for the 3rd year happy days!!!!!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site

Im with Marko, you could get folks trying to implement things which they wouldnt have to hang about to see realised. Ours is after subs.

mc73

Club Champion
Visit site
Always before, people need to know there subs and any increase has to be voted on generally

T

thecraw

Our AGM, not sure when, subs due by the 1st of April I think.

I have been told we'll be roughly £720 + £50 bar again.

DCB

Visit site
Aye, AGM is where the motion to set the subs is dealt with, so it has to be before the subs are set and notices sent out.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Thought the AGM approved the budget the committee would like to implement... maybe Musselburgh's constitution says otherwise.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At a members club, the annual subs should be voted on at the AGM, having looked at the club's accounts and then implemented. To do it the other way round would deprive the membership the chance to vote on the subs or to do so almost a year previously without knowledge of the financial position of the club.

19thagain

Head Pro
Visit site
My understanding is that the following years business is agreed upon at the AGM and therefore all voting must be paid up members for the new year.

A vote also embraces the fees for the following year so any members who feel they can get a better deal elsewhere have twelve months to find a new golfing home.

Should say, twelve members decide they are leaving and their club system allows the AGM prior to the fees renewal - they could 'block' vote through some silly things for the next year in the full knowledge they will not be there to suffer the consequences.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Absolutely agree with you, Tommo. Are you suspicious of the reasons for them doing it the other way round?

Not suspicious, I just think going to an AGM when the subs have just been paid is not the way to run any club. The Royal is a good club in many ways, but it needs dragged into the 21st century. We have a web site that still has the open day on it's front page...it's from october. To enter a competition you need to go to the clubhouse on a friday night, put your name down on a sheet with a number...if I'm in first I get number 1, wait until a specific time, then they have a tumbola......yes a tumbola to see what number comes out. Number 1 could be called first, it could be last. IT IS A TOTAL JOKE, and its real. Here is one of the oldest clubs in the world, we play for the oldest trophy in the world and it needs a big shake up.