My Swing

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Practice your short game!

You are in the best position to identify the (fundamental) fault causing the ones lost right. And how far right are they - 10yds or 50yds! If you are not in trouble, don't be (quite) so demanding on yourself. Pros are often far less straight than the TV suggests - they just get it around a lot better than we do!

SRLongball

Medal Winner
Visit site
Pretty stable. I dont really practice long game alot. And would definitely sacrifice some of my length for a few more greens in regulation. Fellow members of my course always comment on how good my touch around the greens is. Especially for a 6ft 5 bloke!

I think I could get down to a seriously low hcap if i just work at greens in reg and percentage play.

SRL

SRLongball

Medal Winner
Visit site
Practice your short game!

You are in the best position to identify the (fundamental) fault causing the ones lost right. And how far right are they - 10yds or 50yds! If you are not in trouble, don't be (quite) so demanding on yourself. Pros are often far less straight than the TV suggests - they just get it around a lot better than we do!

Pretty much just replied with a similar message! they are roughly 10 - 20 yards leaky. Rough hitters rather than OOB hitters.

SRL

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Quality around the green is often in proportion to amount of 'practice' that you get in a particular round! I'm comfortable with 5-6 foot putts, because I leave quite a few that distance short! :angry:

Seems to me that it's accuracy of irons that is the issue, so get that sorted - and still practice the short game as you won't be getting so much 'practice' of it on the course! :D

And a Driver would probably help, though that can be quite a journey. The 20-40 yards of extra distance over the 3-wood should give you shots into the green with much more accurate clubs. I'd certainly sooner be hitting an 8-iron in than a 5!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Looks like a usable swing, which would put you in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" bracket - unless you really wanted to :p

SRLongball

Medal Winner
Visit site
Agree with the comments above. Irons turn up on friday. So will be down the practice course as soon as they do.

SRL