Using my core

WIL.I.AM

Visit site
Hi all, its been a while since I've posted.
After playing golf now for about 6 months I've only recently fully grasped my striking of the ball with my irons with little effort of my arms using my core strength with very good results and much further distance.
However I’m in 2 minds weather i use this technique to use my driver like this as we all know just a fraction off it can send the ball way off course, my drives goes roughly 200 yards straight on a good day with my current “newbie swing”
Thoughts and guidance please

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Driver swing: engage your core, yes. An armsy swing will do nothing whatsoever to help.
The one thing to keep in mind is tempo though. You can engage your core and larger muscles like the glutes, but if your tempo is all over the place, the ball is likely to be all over the place too!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I take the approach of always swinging "like you should" - yes, you're going to hit bad shots, plenty of them! But as you get used to that mechanic you'll hit more good shots than bad and probably gain distance too.

Anyone who just "plays a slice" or something to me just isn't interested in progressing long term. Its a short term fix for an on the day issue only.

But I'm only off 12.4 so what do I know really :ROFLMAO: