My name is Ben and today I lost to a 11 and 10 year old !!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes today that was me.

Last County Seniors match of the season against under 14's County players at Patshull Park. 3/4 difference handicap off the yellows so not overly long. Played against 11 year old off 10 and 10 year old off 21 so giving away 4 and 12 shots.

Halved the first with bogies and I won the next two with a par and birdie then lost next two to a chip in nett birdie and nett birdie. Halved next then lost 7 th to 20 foot birdie putt. Halved 8 and 9 then won 10 .

Halves on 11 and 12 then lost to birdie and then nett birdie followed up with a birdie on 15 th to be dormie 3.

Left my birdie putt short and 11 year old nailed a tricky 8 footer downhill for par so game over.

The 11 year old never missed a fairway all day and was rock steady with his approaches and putted like a demon, very methodical but a fantastic swing which just kept repeating.
The 10 year old was bit more wild but had some great up and downs and had a fantastic attitude, hopping and skipping along behind his electric trolley. When I asked him why did he take up golf it was because he'd watched Happy Gilmore .

The 11 year old had all his yardages on a laminated card on his bag, they were full and half shots too ( Carry and Roll ). I asked him how he got them and he told me he goes to his local park and measures them out there.

Their attitude and etiquette was faultless and it was a delight to lose to them , if they are the future of this marvellous game we need not worry ourselves although I do fear we might lose them once beer and women appear in their lives ;);)

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Likewise we have a 10/11 year old who plays off 9. Well behaved, polite young lad with a wise head on his shoulders Able to accept he can't hit the ball miles but hits all the fairways and kills you around the greens. He plays in many of our senior medals with no problem at all. Great kid. Once he grows a bit he'll be low single figures in no time.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes today that was me.

Last County Seniors match of the season against under 14's County players at Patshull Park. 3/4 difference handicap off the yellows so not overly long. Played against 11 year old off 10 and 10 year old off 21 so giving away 4 and 12 shots.

Halved the first with bogies and I won the next two with a par and birdie then lost next two to a chip in nett birdie and nett birdie. Halved next then lost 7 th to 20 foot birdie putt. Halved 8 and 9 then won 10 .

Halves on 11 and 12 then lost to birdie and then nett birdie followed up with a birdie on 15 th to be dormie 3.

Left my birdie putt short and 11 year old nailed a tricky 8 footer downhill for par so game over.

The 11 year old never missed a fairway all day and was rock steady with his approaches and putted like a demon, very methodical but a fantastic swing which just kept repeating.
The 10 year old was bit more wild but had some great up and downs and had a fantastic attitude, hopping and skipping along behind his electric trolley. When I asked him why did he take up golf it was because he'd watched Happy Gilmore .

The 11 year old had all his yardages on a laminated card on his bag, they were full and half shots too ( Carry and Roll ). I asked him how he got them and he told me he goes to his local park and measures them out there.

Their attitude and etiquette was faultless and it was a delight to lose to them , if they are the future of this marvellous game we need not worry ourselves although I do fear we might lose them once beer and women appear in their lives ;);)
Your last sentence sums it up, I could have been a superstar . :rofl:

super hans

Assistant Pro
Visit site
we have quite a few older teenagers at our place that are in the scottish national set-up and one who was in the initial squad for the walker cup this year. i played in a couple of medals with them and it was amazing to watch them - playing a different game from the one im trying to play

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We've got a couple of you lads in the surrey junior squads - one lad in particular has been playing for Surrey U16s and is in the England U16s training squad. And he's a dead nice you lad - no attitude at all - still joins our roll up sat mornings :)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
we have quite a few older teenagers at our place that are in the scottish national set-up and one who was in the initial squad for the walker cup this year. i played in a couple of medals with them and it was amazing to watch them - playing a different game from the one im trying to play

And you lost to a 69 year old and a 62 year old because you're way too young [ private joke] :rofl:

Last edited: