most natural sportsman

Dreamer2

Head Pro
Visit site
i was reading the thread about tiger woods & it got me thinking about other sports

in most sports there are the ones that stand head & shoulders above the rest, is it hard work or is it natural ability

thinking out loud

hard work ,,,as to be Paula Radcliffe ,,going for a 15/20 mile run every day

natural ability,,,as to be Ronnie" O'Sullivan,,,the man wins tournaments right or left handed

there are many more ,these are the ones that impress me

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On a personal level I've not been the most gifted in any sport I've played and the successes I've had have all come through a lot of hard work and determination to improve. Still think if you have a god given talent or need to grind it out through endeavour and hard work you only get out what you put in

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ive natural ability, certainly alot more of it than any desire to work hard at anything.

but even so i dont have much compared to rory and co.

Phil

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
In my lifetime, for me, there's been about half a dozen stand out sportsman...

In no particular order... Jim Clark, Muhammed Ali, Seve, Mike Hailwood, George Best & Ian Botham...

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Interesting that several people pick out Tiger and / or Seve.

Both these guys started out so young they worked hard at the game when most of us were still playing kiss chase with the girls at school.

Although it may sound contra intuitive I'd say people like Faldo and Greg Norman are more natural sportsmen, because they took the game up late and still managed to get to No.1.

T

thecraw

Interesting that several people pick out Tiger and / or Seve.

Both these guys started out so young they worked hard at the game when most of us were still playing kiss chase with the girls at school.

Although it may sound contra intuitive I'd say people like Faldo and Greg Norman are more natural sportsmen, because they took the game up late and still managed to get to No.1.

Faldo natural?? Geez a break, he had a more mechanical swing than a Honda Civic!

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think I would have to say Michael Jordan.

He didnt even want to play basketball, as his dream was to play baseball.

For me he is the greatest basketball player ever.