Mobile Phone Coverage South East / Central England

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Currently with EE and their coverage in my area (Bucks) is pretty good

I'm eligable for an upgrade,But the phone screen is damaged, , and its starting to get a bit pricey on Iphone deals on EE

So you peeps in the south east/ central England, what providers do you use and what is their coverage like

Cheers

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you not play hardball with ee? I got a decent deal this year on an s10 and a galaxy watch doing the old cancellation routine. Ive been with quite a few providers over the years and find ee customer service easily the best

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'm with O2 Phil; coverage is fine but the main priority in going to them was the Priority for concert tickets, so probably not the best recommendation. :)

However I did get a good deal on an iPhone 11 Pro with them. Was due a change and wanted the iPhone SE with 256gb storage. They didn't have one, but said they had the 11 Pro with 256gb storage. I said no, don't need the 11 Pro and not at that price and literally turned to go, hang on sir, let's see what we can do. One healthy discount later, I have a phone that I'm still not close to fully understanding. :LOL:

D

Deleted member 15344

EE gives the best coverage in the UK with O2 just behind then Vodafone

But many areas are served the same mast so unless you are really in the sticks etc you will get good signal and mainly 4G with all the providers

if you have Sky at home it might be worth seeing what deals they have because Sky use O2’s backbone , same with Giffgaff

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you have BT broadband? If so you get £5 a mth of BT mobile (which is EE). Also if theres an EE deal you want thats not on BTs website they will put you on that deal (or undercut at least if recontracting)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have a look at Tesco mobile, I moved both my sons from EE to Tesco last year as EE were too pricey. You get two contracts one for the phone and one for the plan, once your phone is paid off the cost comes right down. Think they use the O2 network, it’s better than my work Vodaphone.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
O2 poor around here, and work switched from Vodafone to O2 a couple of years ago. They sorted me a widget that connects to the wifi though. So okay in the house, but about 5 miles to pick it up again.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Seems I might be stuffed
My contract actually has another year to run, I have a free upgrade option from 17 Jan, but only if the phone is in good nick, which it isn't, spoke to them earlier

I could upgrade early (now) for £100 plus another £100 to cover the repair.

I could wait until 17 Jan upgrade for free plus £100 for repair, but the upgrade tariffs are £20 more per month compared to what I am paying.

So I have claimed under the insurance , costs me £100 excess, but keep the same contract etc, they send me a replacement phone, I transfer everything over then wipe and send the old one back

If I get the local unofficial shop to do it it's still £100

Seems to be the going rate

So I’ll get a replacement phone (IPhone 11) and when the contract ends, look for a sim only deal

Thanks for your help chaps ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For my work number I'm on EE, for now. For my private number I'm on Smarty.
I only go sim only now for both work and private.
EE claim to have the best coverage, but TBH in the SouthEast they all work fine, except when you're in a new building with deliberate phone blockers to all bar one network or in a basement.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Update:

Spoke to the guy dealing with my claim and it’s all gone through

Additionally he said as I have never made a claim on phone insurance before that the excess comes down from £100 to £50

One happy customer
Go EE ?