Phone Contract Scam

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My rant comes from looking at our monthly vodafone bill which has often been up to £200 - for three phones.

Wow! You need to swap! I moved to Sky recently (Sky TV customer, and sky piggy back on O2)

I use mine heavily, lot of international calls and i travel a lot and use abroad.

We have,

iphone 8 256GB
iphone 8 Plus 256GB
2 x iphone 6 (from our old contracts which the kids now have, and the batteries work fine! and they are 3yrs old!)

All under 100 quid a month. The kids are on sim only, 1GB data, unlimited calls and texts and they are 5 quid each a month! mine is the most at about 47 a month, but i have 10GB data, new phone, and an international saver plan (3 quid a month)

Bill never goes over 100 quid. Oh and if one of us use all our data allowance, we have a family piggy bank which you can take from, any unused data every month goes in there and stays there!!! We have 8GB currently!

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe a new battery would help?

I have contacted Huawei to enquire about this. It's not like the phones of a few years ago though, you can't just open the case easily yourself, I'd have to send it to Huawei or something other technician to do it for me, presumably at some cost.

They've replied to me this morning - they've told me it might be a 'software issue' and given me instructions to back up all the data and do a factory reset. It's a pain having to back up the phone really, and if it doesn't work it'll be wasted effort, but it has to be worth a try if it saves me having to sort out a new phone in the short term. I'll have to give it a go this weekend.