Mixed tee competition ?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the weekend we played in a Charity open with all male teams , all female teams and mixed teams playing in the same comp , 2 from 4 to count. I was in a mixed team and using the CONGU mixed tee calculator it suggests I get an extra shot due to the differences in the CR's . As it was an Open it wasn't run on the computer and we didn't manually add the shot. Were we right or wrong ?
Men off the whites , lower CR and ladies off the reds higher CR, should all men have got an extra shot ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is the person playing off the course with a higher course rating that receives the shots not the one playing off the lower course rating and all such players would receive the shots.

Guidance on the Rules of Handicapping Appendix I 111
37 | P a g e
Playing Handicap = Difference in Course Ratings
In the case of Norman and Norma above the CR for men was 67.2 and for women 72.0. For a scratch competition Norma would receive 5 strokes, reducing her gross score from 89 to 84.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It is the person playing off the course with a higher course rating that receives the shots not the one playing off the lower course rating and all such players would receive the shots.

37 | P a g e
In the case of Norman and Norma above the CR for men was 67.2 and for women 72.0. For a scratch competition Norma would receive 5 strokes, reducing her gross score from 89 to 84.
So if in such as a medal where I can choose to play off yellows or whites...and the 'allowance difference' due to difference in the CRs is 2 shots, if I choose to play off the (higher CR) whites then I get an additional two shots and so my nett score after applying my PH is then reduced by 2?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

37 | P a g e
When I use the CONGU calculator I get the extra shot in Stableford but not in medal when playing off the Whites and wife off the reds in 2 from 4 .

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I use the CONGU calculator I get the extra shot in Stableford but not in medal when playing off the Whites and wife off the reds in 2 from 4 .

Stableford is different in that you have to take into account the number of points you need to make to play to your handicap which brings par into the reckoning . I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to explain it.

IanMcC

Visit site
Indeed. We have a midweek Stableford where the Gents receive 2 shots off of the Ladies, but there are a couple of Strokeplay comps throughout the year which are dual tee, and in those the Ladies get 2 shots over the men.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stableford is different in that you have to take into account the number of points you need to make to play to your handicap which brings par into the reckoning . I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to explain it.

Indeed. We have a midweek Stableford where the Gents receive 2 shots off of the Ladies, but there are a couple of Strokeplay comps throughout the year which are dual tee, and in those the Ladies get 2 shots over the men.

So in the case on the weekend all players off the white tees should have had an extra shot ? (Depending on HI and CH)

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
So in the case on the weekend all players off the white tees should have had an extra shot ? (Depending on HI and CH)

From the information you've given, all that can be said is that if it was regular (medal) play, the women would get an extra stroke or strokes. The course ratings off each set of tees are needed in order to be exact.

If it was stableford, the pars of the two courses are also needed in order to work out the mixed tee allowance (if any).

wjemather

Visit site
Stableford
Whites CR 72 slope 122 par 71
Reds CR 72.9 slope 125 par 73
The mixed tee adjustment in Stableford is the difference in 'play to handicap' score.
For men from the white tees, their 'play to handicap' score is 35 points.
For women from the red tees, their 'play to handicap' score is 36 points.
As such, the men receive an adjustment of 1 to account for this difference.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks all your answers .
Just to clarify , when we run a mixed tee Stableford Am Am where Ladies are playing of reds and Men are playing off the whites , all teams will receive any adjustment and that would be for all male teams and mixed teams

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks all your answers .
Just to clarify , when we run a mixed tee Stableford Am Am where Ladies are playing of reds and Men are playing off the whites , all teams will receive any adjustment and that would be for all male teams and mixed teams

To be completely clear, in your competition each male player receives the mixed tee allowance of 1 stroke.