Mixed 4BBB Matchplay

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's supposed to look something like this but the merged cells got screwed up when pasting here:

View attachment 52752

Yes - sorry that is how the table looks.

I guess if it's 4BBB then the lowest player is off scratch and the others receive their shots based on PH differences?

I'll advise David to take on the wrath of the Ladies Section and explain that par is irrelevant. I suspect they'll be adamant it's otherwise.

wjemather

Visit site

I guess if it's 4BBB then the lowest player is off scratch and the others receive their shots based on PH differences?

I'll advise David to take on the wrath of the Ladies Section and explain that par is irrelevant. I suspect they'll be adamant it's otherwise.
4BBB match play is now 90% of the difference in Course Handicaps, taken from the lowest, with the lowest receiving 0 strokes.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site

The wrath of a Ladies Section is quite something to behold. 😳

Swango1980

Visit site

David should just tell them that if they don't like the rules, they don't HAVE to play in mixed golf competitions :)

Or, he could just say that if the club randomly decided to change a couple of par 4 holes for men to very short par 5's (but with no actual change to the hole itself), would the ladies then be content that suddenly the men get more shots? I think not. I think they'd realise that it should make zero difference, as the holes remain the same, and that the Ratings would remain unchanged, and thus handicaps

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
David should just tell them that if they don't like the rules, they don't HAVE to play in mixed golf competitions :)

Or, he could just say that if the club randomly decided to change a couple of par 4 holes for men to very short par 5's (but with no actual change to the hole itself), would the ladies then be content that suddenly the men get more shots? I think not. I think they'd realise that it should make zero difference, as the holes remain the same, and that the Ratings would remain unchanged, and thus handicaps

My experience of every ladies section is they'd be telling HIM exactly that :)