Minister grabs activist

D

Deleted member 18588

He initially grabbed her by the throat quickly at the start and then turned her round and marched her out by holding the her neck

View attachment 27602

The worst thing is that they were allowed to get that far in the first place - shocking security

The pictures don't seem to show the protestor being grabbed by the throat.

They do show her being snatched by her upper arms and torso and being turned back the way she had just come.

She didn't appear very willing to leave.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I hadn't realised I did until you informed me! Thanks,am happy to stand by it, surely a dozen ways a real man could of dealt with that situation but he did nothing but show his true colours...a *** pure and simple and a spineless one at that

No one had any idea who she was or what she was going to do so in my eyes that’s not spineless!
I bet your the sort who thought we should sit down and talk with ISIS!

D

Deleted member 15344

Dont exaggerate, no ones calling him a 'Hero' At times you have to use a gut reaction to situations as you only have a split second to react. When the knife is in your neck or the acid in your face its too late, you must know this. High profile people are particularity vunerable these days. On balance I can't see how any reasonable person could see anything wrong. If she doesn't want that kind of treatment then she should keep to legal methods of protest.

Knife , Acid - when was the last time a lady Greenpeace activist threw acid or knifed someone in the neck - she walked past loads of people and was doing nothing but shouting , you tell me not to exaggerate yet your guilty of doing the same , she posed no physical threat the same with all the ladies in there. The guy wasn’t being threatened by her in any way - she was protesting using her voice and some handed out leaflets. There was no “gut reaction or split second reaction , she didn’t pop out of nowhere , she and others were walking around the room - he got angry and snapped when she got close.

D

Deleted member 18588

Knife , Acid - when was the last time a lady Greenpeace activist threw acid or knifed someone in the neck - she walked past loads of people and was doing nothing but shouting , you tell me not to exaggerate yet your guilty of doing the same , she posed no physical threat the same with all the ladies in there. The guy wasn’t being threatened by her in any way - she was protesting using her voice and some handed out leaflets. There was no “gut reaction or split second reaction , she didn’t pop out of nowhere , she and others were walking around the room - he got angry and snapped when she got close.

Are you aware that there were also men involved in the protest in the room and to call the manner in which she was approaching the top table as "walking round the room " is somewhat disingenuous.

D

Deleted member 15344

In the picture you've posted in a later response she's clearly got a bag with her. How can anyone know what she could have in that?

You can’t know - just the same with anyone with a bag , just can’t judge but you can’t also go for the worst judgment.

I could understand his reaction if she leapt at him when he was walking or she appeared from nowhere but he was watching her walk around and when she went to walk past he went for her to throw her out. Stopping her and then getting her to leave is no issue , it’s just the manner he did it was very close to the mark imo and it wouldn’t surprise to see him charged

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I can't believe so many people are getting so upset at a man ejecting a woman from somewhere she had absolutely no right to be.
Did he use force? Absolutely.
Was it excessive? Absolutely not.

Well done, I'd say.
Stupid woman, what did she expect?

Political views aside, would there be or could there be any criminal charges brought against either persons involved. Plus could either of said persons think with hindsight I would of not do what I did again. 🤔

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You can’t know - just the same with anyone with a bag , just can’t judge but you can’t also go for the worst judgment.

I could understand his reaction if she leapt at him when he was walking or she appeared from nowhere but he was watching her walk around and when she went to walk past he went for her to throw her out. Stopping her and then getting her to leave is no issue , it’s just the manner he did it was very close to the mark imo and it wouldn’t surprise to see him charged
Knife , Acid - when was the last time a lady Greenpeace activist threw acid or knifed someone in the neck - she walked past loads of people and was doing nothing but shouting , you tell me not to exaggerate yet your guilty of doing the same , she posed no physical threat the same with all the ladies in there. The guy wasn’t being threatened by her in any way - she was protesting using her voice and some handed out leaflets. There was no “gut reaction or split second reaction , she didn’t pop out of nowhere , she and others were walking around the room - he got angry and snapped when she got close.[/QUOTE

You don’t know that she wasn’t a physical threat!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
How many “extreme” Greenpeace demonstrators do you see these days ? She wasn’t some sort of secret agent with things hidden inside the gown. It was a “disruptive” demonstration which whilst annoying should have been left to security to deal with - just let them shout away , stand back and let the people being paid to deal with them. Taking matters into your own hands is a very slippery slope , even more so if the person is not trained , all it needed was for her to slip because of his actions for things to go wrong - you could tell he was very angry about what they had done and acted that way

Everyone knows after the fact that she didn't pose a violent threat. It was a noisy, disruptive threat until she approached the top table and encroached on people's personal space in the manner she did.

Back of the room shouting, no problem. As you say, let security deal with it. Getting as close to people as she did, I have no problem whatsoever in the way he dealt with what could have been a dangerous situation.

D

Deleted member 15344

Everyone knows after the fact that she didn't pose a violent threat. It was a noisy, disruptive threat until she approached the top table and encroached on people's personal space in the manner she did.

Back of the room shouting, no problem. As you say, let security deal with it. Getting as close to people as she did, I have no problem whatsoever in the way he dealt with what could have been a dangerous situation.

There was apparently about 30 people there - many walking around shouting , handing stuff out , people going close to others , only one person thought it was that dangerous to react.

The question is did he react because he was angry or did he react to protect someone ? This women wasn’t going at anyone , she wasn’t attacking anyone , none of them where - so did he snap when he got angry and react ? It certainly seems that way.

None of the ladies appeared to get violent or show any signs of being violent and they were all near people as well - some closer than the lady that was grabbed.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
First question - did he have the right to use force ? Was she threatening him ? Was she threatening anyone , was she using force against anyone ?. There was no need for him to use force because no one was in any immediate danger

He didn't know who she was, why she was there or whether or not she was threatening him or anyone else, or just about to.
How the hell was he supposed to know whether or not anyone was in danger?

[/QUOTE]And excessive - who deems that ? He grabbed by the throat and then marched her out by the back of her neck - was that force more than what was required ? For me the answer is yes - he had no need or right to manhandle her the way he did[/QUOTE]

Grabbed by the throat? I don't think so. He had every right to eject her from the building she had no right to be in, every right.
And as for who deems force to be excessive, in this instance I'll volunteer for that particular job and my decision is no, it was not excessive force.
Oh, and where are all the bruises and why is she not taking matters any further?

[/QUOTE]And I’m not being upset by it but you could see that he got very angry about a protest and snapped. Some will claim him some sort of hero which for me is really poor[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call him a hero, but if I was in the room I would certainly have thanked him for doing what he did.

D

Deleted member 15344

He didn't know who she was, why she was there or whether or not she was threatening him or anyone else, or just about to.
How the hell was he supposed to know whether or not anyone was in danger?

Grabbed by the throat? I don't think so. He had every right to eject her from the building she had no right to be in, every right.
And as for who deems force to be excessive, in this instance I'll volunteer for that particular job and my decision is no, it was not excessive force.
Oh, and where are all the bruises and why is she not taking matters any further?

I wouldn't call him a hero, but if I was in the room I would certainly have thanked him for doing what he did.

She wasn’t a lone women in there - there was at least 30 - none were acting in any violent or aggressive way to any of the guests - not one guest was attacked in anyway. She was a Greenpeace activist - not exactly the height of violence in this country.

Did he really have every right ? Really ? Was he security and given the authority ? And he is under investigation by the police I believe and suspended for his actions with many condemning it - and bruises ?! Do you have to have a bruise for the force to be excessive ? Can you tell me why someone is needed to be grabbed by the neck when being marched out when that person is not being violent or aggressive

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I could understand his reaction if she leapt at him when he was walking or she appeared from nowhere but he was watching her walk around and when she went to walk past he went for her to throw her out. Stopping her and then getting her to leave is no issue , it’s just the manner he did it was very close to the mark imo and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him charged

It wouldn't surprise me either.
That's just another sad reflection on this increasingly pathetic society we are now becoming.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
She wasn’t a lone women in there - there was at least 30 - none were acting in any violent or aggressive way to any of the guests - not one guest was attacked in anyway. She was a Greenpeace activist - not exactly the height of violence in this country.

Did he really have every right ? Really ? Was he security and given the authority ? And he is under investigation by the police I believe and suspended for his actions with many condemning it - and bruises ?! Do you have to have a bruise for the force to be excessive ? Can you tell me why someone is needed to be grabbed by the neck when being marched out when that person is not being violent or aggressive

Yes, but I feel it would be a pointless exercise.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

They were gatecrashers and had no right to be there so they got what they deserved!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There was apparently about 30 people there - many walking around shouting , handing stuff out , people going close to others , only one person thought it was that dangerous to react.

The question is did he react because he was angry or did he react to protect someone ? This women wasn’t going at anyone , she wasn’t attacking anyone , none of them where - so did he snap when he got angry and react ? It certainly seems that way.

None of the ladies appeared to get violent or show any signs of being violent and they were all near people as well - some closer than the lady that was grabbed.

If you want to throw possible scenarios at it, how about distraction... all the noise and commotion could have been to allow an activist to get near the top table. We're getting a rash of hugger muggers here in southern Spain at present. Girl full of smiles and bonhomie comes up, joined by her mate when she's stopped you. Watch and wallet gone. A number of people have pushed them away. One has been slashed with a knife and several beat up. From nothing in view to a serious assault in a flash.

We all know it was Greenpeace after the fact. We all know it was a noisy, attention seeking demo after the fact.

Did he use excessive force? The smile on her face suggests not. If he'd stood in front of her trying reasonable argument do you honestly think she would have said, "ok, we'll leave then." The angst shown by the yogurt knitters after the fact is pathetic. He didn't thump her. He didn't wrestle her to the ground.

Just imagine the headlines if she'd had a knife and stabbed someone. "Cowardly Tory MP's and supporters standby and do nothing." No doubt there'll be calls for her to get compensation, a safari in Africa and a grant from the local council... just pathetic.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You are typical of what is wrong with society.

D

Deleted member 15344

You are typical of what is wrong with society.
Sorry can you explain that please ?

All because I don’t like seeing a man use his physical strength against a women in a poor and over the top way.

I’m not sure why you need to start pointing fingers once again just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours