Matchplay competitions

Riverdale

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading it for some time, so decided to come and say hello.

I'm a member at hallamshire in Sheffield with a current handicap of 12 (11.6)

Anyway, this year, as well as entering my 3 Matchplay comps at Hallamshire, I've entered several external Matchplay comps - the Nike Matchplay, Northern Matchplay, league to Dubai and howdidido Matchplay. Entered in both the pairs and the singles, so will have 11 events to go at :D . I'm not sure how I'll manage to get any work done, but it should keep me busy lol.

Anyway, just wondered if other members on here play in any of these and if so which ones?

Also had a go at the Trilby Tour last year and had signed up again this year. But having seen this years extremely disappointing venues and the fact that they've upped the fee to £275, I decided it has become a William Hunt money making venture, rather than a great event, so forfeited my deposit and bailed out. Probably for the best with all the Matchplay events entered!!

Look forward to spending more time on here in the future and maybe even getting involved in a few discussions ;)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Region3 and I entered the National Matchplay Championships, got to the third round and were perfectly satisfied with all the pairs we met, no problems at all with bandit handicaps.

Riverdale

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cheers Homer

I played in the Nike event (Volvo last year) and made the regional final at Frilford Heath - but then had a disaster!!

Not tried the others before, so looking forward to giving them a go

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello welcome and enjoy! :lol:

I entered the volvo last year got knocked out in round 3.
The chaps I played were fine I didn't have any issues only with a bunker on 17!!!
In the northern matchplay and will do the Nike this year, found a new comp through the new English Tour. The final at Birkdale is quite appealing prize!
Good luck to all.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love matchplay, I have so far entered one National one this season but cant remember which, not sure if I will enter any others as they can be time consuming and I have a pretty full calender already.