Masters - England Flag

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've noticed that the English players have the Union flag against their name on the leaderboard this year. Its normally the St George cross (rightly so). Why the Jack?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I hadn't noticed this, and have been looking out since. Seen 3 versions of the leaderboard and none had flags on. Where did you see this?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23344

The use of the Union Jack to represent England really winds me up. Even more so, the use of God Save the Queen as the anthem for England. That is the UK anthem. Before rugby matches against Wales or Scotland, they play the National Anthem to represent England, but that covers the opponents too! The other home nations have their own anthems and we English need one too. Land of Hope and Glory gets my vote. Mind you, 99% of Americans don’t understand the structure of the UK anyway. Rant over.

D

Deleted member 1147

Saves on cloth, and flagpole space, to just have one.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s a free upgrade ;-)

Honestly, they probably just had someone setting up the system who doesn’t know, a lot of people outside the UK see the whole UK thing as a unit.

D

Deleted member 15344

The EDL will be organising a protest as we speak ?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The use of the Union Jack to represent England really winds me up. Even more so, the use of God Save the Queen as the anthem for England. That is the UK anthem. Before rugby matches against Wales or Scotland, they play the National Anthem to represent England, but that covers the opponents too! The other home nations have their own anthems and we English need one too. Land of Hope and Glory gets my vote. Mind you, 99% of Americans don’t understand the structure of the UK anyway. Rant over.

Jerusalem for me

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably American coverage. Most of them are thick and reckon Britain is a country and that we're all happy to be 'British'. And we all talk like Hugh Grant or Alan Rickman.