Masters 2023

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
In the end slightly lacklustre R3 rounds for Koepka & Rahm, bringing more of the field into it. Shortish turnaround to change momentum. Are you fancying any earlier players to post a good number?

Barking_Mad

Visit site
In the end slightly lacklustre R3 rounds for Koepka & Rahm, bringing more of the field into it. Shortish turnaround to change momentum. Are you fancying any earlier players to post a good number?

Anything is possible but personally I'd not look lower than Cantlay.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Hovland probably the biggest threat to Rahm and Koepka. I'd be happy for Brooks to win it, cos he's a LIV guy, but I'd be equally happy for Rahm to win it, and I think he'll be fired up to do so on Seve's birthday.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Commentator just said, (paraphrasing slightly) "Cantlay leading the all important category of greens in regulation with 80%". Surely the "all important category" is total score. He's hit more greens in regulation so far but is still 5 shots behind the leader.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Commentator just said, (paraphrasing slightly) "Cantlay leading the all important category of greens in regulation with 80%". Surely the "all important category" is total score. He's hit more greens in regulation so far but is still 5 shots behind the leader.

This bollocks is creeping in to most sports. Complete nonsense stats to make them sound smart. xG in football is the main one that rips my knitting. Expected goals don't win games, ACTUAL goals do.
Saw someone eulogising about Chelsea having 1.57 xG to Wolves 0.53 xG... Aye, very good, Wolves won 1-0, they get the three points. Chelsea get bumpkiss for their superior xG.

Anyways, to the golf, straight shoot out between Rahm and Koepka for me, think Hovland's sphincter will start to wobble (despite that excellent par save on the 1st) around 6-8 holes in.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
This bollocks is creeping in to most sports. Complete nonsense stats to make them sound smart. xG in football is the main one that rips my knitting. Expected goals don't win games, ACTUAL goals do.
Saw someone eulogising about Chelsea having 1.57 xG to Wolves 0.53 xG... Aye, very good, Wolves won 1-0, they get the three points. Chelsea get bumpkiss for their superior xG.

Anyways, to the golf, straight shoot out between Rahm and Koepka for me, think Hovland's sphincter will start to wobble (despite that excellent par save on the 1st) around 6-8 holes in.

Rips my knitting! Brilliant! I’m going to have to remember that one!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Hovland probably the biggest threat to Rahm and Koepka. I'd be happy for Brooks to win it, cos he's a LIV guy, but I'd be equally happy for Rahm to win it, and I think he'll be fired up to do so on Seve's birthday.

Only reason I’d like to see Koepka win is so people stop saying “can LIV guys play 4 days” like they haven’t their whole careers 😂

Would prefer a European winner though!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only reason I’d like to see Koepka win is so people stop saying “can LIV guys play 4 days” like they haven’t their whole careers 😂

Would prefer a European winner though!

Want to see brooks win just to wind up my mate..he been so anti Liv it's hilarious

It's like they have personally kicked his dog or something

He is obsessed with Rory aswell , borderline number one fan lol

The group chat picture was Rory at last year's masters holing out .. so I updated it to Rory looking sad this year lol he booted me out the WhatsApp and changed the pic lol

Before the players he sent out randomly

"This field really is missing Charles Howell III , Peter Urlien , Ian Poulter , Westwood and many other washed up selfish (bad word) 😂🤣😂"

"In fact , I don’t think anyone winning will count it as a win without the stellar LIV players .."

Litterally nobody had mentioned Liv

It's rather brilliant yet petty all at once lol

Go brooks 🤣

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
There has been some particularly poor putting this week. I can’t recall seeing so many six footers missed at a Masters.

Scheffler’s putting has been especially grim all week.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There has been some particularly poor putting this week. I can’t recall seeing so many six footers missed at a Masters.

Scheffler’s putting has been especially grim all week.

I think most of them have struggled to get the pace right this week as its so much slower than usual. You then see on greens like this (especially with the pins they use) that you need the right combination of pace and line and think many of them have missed through the wrong pace with the right line

D-S

Visit site
Is that a race track I can hear in the background? Sort of belies the cathedral type serenity of Augusta National.