Masters 2023

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Of course I prefer seeing the golf but I was referring to your comment about the interview with Lowry.
Sorry, that was just coincidence. I left the main coverage during what looked like a protracted interview and came back to the main coverage during an interview. It was more a reference to that.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes for a viewer to get the thoughts of a top pro. However Rory is after his 1st Masters and doing the walk n talk might be distracting idk

Didn’t seem to bother him the other week when he did and it might help him relax a bit more - it was great

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I am absolutely staggered that McIlroy has agreed to be wired for sound and give interviews during the first round of the one Major which continues to elude him. Staggered.

Agree completely, there is tournament’s where it’s fine and great for the fans, but not in Majors in my opinion, they should be 100% focused on the job in hand.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I am absolutely staggered that McIlroy has agreed to be wired for sound and give interviews during the first round of the one Major which continues to elude him. Staggered.
Cant believe it. Its something that is fine to try to add a bit of extra to an Austrian Open or something workaday. But this is the fluffing Masters !!!
Rory should be trying to win this, not engaging in showbiz nonsense. There is a serious tournament on here.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didn’t seem to bother him the other week when he did and it might help him relax a bit more - it was great

Yeh it was, very enjoyable, and by the sounds of the ending it was a one off. To be fair, it was fairly simple questions and answers, nothing that he wouldn’t be thinking/discussing with his PPs and unlikely to be much of a distraction. As long as he’s taken it out of his ear now!

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeh it was, very enjoyable, and by the sounds of the ending it was a one off. To be fair, it was fairly simple questions and answers, nothing that when wouldn’t be thinking/discussing with his PPs and unlikely to be much of a distraction. As long as he’s taken it out of his ear now!

It seems that Rory even volunteered to do it - it was short and simple and gave a good insight. Might well have relaxed him a bit

Hopefully see more of it

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Speaking to Rory live during a round has completely blown my mind. That was brilliant. Hope they do more of that.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Rory and enjoyed the fact he is relaxed enough to do it. But I remain staggered that he agreed to.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Why not? If he's prepared to do it I can't see a problem. It might help him to relax a bit, take the pressure off.

But this is the highest of high level sport. Surely you’d want absolutely no distraction - no interruption to your thought processes.

That’s just my take on it. A low level tour event or something like the Dunhill Links, when you’re alongside your amateur partner, maybe. But the first round of a Major? I just find that a really odd decision. Can you imagine Woods in his prime doing that? Not a chance.

D

Deleted member 1147

But this is the highest of high level sport. Surely you’d want absolutely no distraction - no interruption to your thought processes.

That’s just my take on it. A low level tour event or something like the Dunhill Links, when you’re alongside your amateur partner, maybe. But the first round of a Major? I just find that a really odd decision. Can you imagine Woods in his prime doing that? Not a chance.
You realise that, between shots, players chat and think about other things than golf?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm sure we'll have people along in a bit claiming that he's just trying to appoint himself mouthpiece and make it all about him
Calm down mate,it’s almost as if you want people to criticise Rory just so you can get your knickers in a twist over it when they do 😬

Stop talking about Rory……..Please talk about Rory 😂

D

Deleted member 15344

Happens a lot in cricket - they have it during every T20 match including the final

If Rory thought that it might have a negative effect he wouldn’t have touched it - but it’s clearly something that he was comfortable doing and it might help him