Masters 2020

Bermuda

Visit site
:eek:
Petulant prima donna redneck who continually moans about everything. The man who claimed he had never read a book in his life, who was voted by his fellow pros the most disliked person on the PGA Tour. Hides behind God and the bible to cover up and deflect his embarrassing behaviour. Relentless self promotion of his charity work which is purely self serving.

What a guy.
The way you people write things it's as though you were related, what a load of total crap

Bassfisher

Visit site
This coverage is shocking - hardly seeing any golf at all , saw more before they went to “main coverage” - it’s been nothing but adverts , player interviews , highlights and adverts - a shot every now and then
I agree, it was much better before it went to the main coverage ! Shocking really, I’m not sure that there’s a reason other than lousy production ?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree, it was much better before it went to the main coverage ! Shocking really, I’m not sure that there’s a reason other than lousy production ?
Unlike some tournaments, it's entirely a sky production choice. The bog standard us masters feed is wall-to-wall golf with a couple of ads every 15 mins.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Question because I'm not sure how it works: the guys who didn't get to finish their round yesterday, what happens today? They come out and play 10 holes or whatever in the morning and 18 again in the afternoon? Or aren't the tee times normally done so that those who played afternoon yesterday are first out today? So they'd have to go out and play 28 holes straight away??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Agree on the coverage - just one example was cutting away from BDC missing a slippery four footer for a par at one point. He was about to hit it and we were cut to an aerial shot of Tiger and another way below on a green...and we didn't get to see BDC miss the putt until yonks later...eh? What was that alll about...

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Question because I'm not sure how it works: the guys who didn't get to finish their round yesterday, what happens today? They come out and play 10 holes or whatever in the morning and 18 again in the afternoon? Or aren't the tee times normally done so that those who played afternoon yesterday are first out today? So they'd have to go out and play 28 holes straight away??

Its going to be tight thats for sure, Rory etc have a good couple of hours to play yet and then will get a short break before going again, As a late starter he woukd normally have been off early today, but I'd thuink he'd be playing at that time, so a rejig will have to happen.
Looking at the revised times, im not sure they'll all make it today too.
Also I hope they tone down the BDC hype a shade today...

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Disappointing coverage after looking forward to seeing it play out at Augusta in November. Even if it was down to Sky solely the coverages was haphazard and too many breaks so I may go to the Masters website for the coverage, certainly until the main coverage on Sky starts around 6.00pm

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Agree on the coverage - just one example was cutting away from BDC missing a slippery four footer for a par at one point. He was about to hit it and we were cut to an aerial shot of Tiger and another way below on a green...and we didn't get to see BDC miss the putt until yonks later...eh? What was that alll about...

What you're not picking up on is that even through it was yonks later you actually still saw the putt live (they kinda have to cut away for 5-10 minutes when the likes of Bryson, Dustin etc are over a putt)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seriously what is people's problem with the coverage? I had Sky on yesterday all day and saw plenty of golf. ?‍♂️ My only gripe is having to listen to McGinley occasionally, and the fact that Harmon's comments were 3 seconds delayed was a shame and quite annoying.

D

Deleted member 15344

Disappointing coverage after looking forward to seeing it play out at Augusta in November. Even if it was down to Sky solely the coverages was haphazard and too many breaks so I may go to the Masters website for the coverage, certainly until the main coverage on Sky starts around 6.00pm

Yet when I complained about the coverage your response was

Wondered how long it would be before the "it would be better on the BBC". They don't have it so sadly you have to deal with what your given

And I didn’t mention the BBC once ( but then that would require someone reading posts properly )

So in your own worlds

“You have to deal with what your given”

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ESPN coverage was very good and its amazing to see the course from different angles and perspectives from the traditional fixed camera positions.

sunshine

Visit site
I don't normally watch Sky coverage and hearing the bilge being spouted by McGinley and that blonde bird is making me realise why. How many more times are they going to discuss BDC's approach to playing Augusta??
Where's Peter Alliss when you need him???
PS. Go ?

To be fair, they didn't have any golf to talk about so were waffling aimlessly (and in circles).

Can't imagine how awful it would have been with Alliss, prattling on about the major general at some old school exclusive club and spouting outdated views on golf and society in general. BBC would have cut to repeats of Bargain Hunt or Homes under the Hammer anyway.

D

Deleted member 1147

To be fair, they didn't have any golf to talk about so were waffling aimlessly (and in circles).

Can't imagine how awful it would have been with Alliss, prattling on about the major general at some old school exclusive club and spouting outdated views on golf and society in general. BBC would have cut to repeats of Bargain Hunt or Homes under the Hammer anyway.
Last time I heard Alliss commentate was that awful USPGA the Beeb got. He didn't know the players and just seemed way past it.
He was my favourite back in the day, but now, I'd rather listen to Mark Roe.

sunshine

Visit site
Last time I heard Alliss commentate was that awful USPGA the Beeb got. He didn't know the players and just seemed way past it.
He was my favourite back in the day, but now, I'd rather listen to Mark Roe.

I'm sure Alliss was good in the 70's and 80's, but the BBC kept him on about 20 years too long. He went from being a quaint anachronism in the early 2000's to really damaging the BBC product for the last 10 years.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two interesting factoids from Round 1.

Larry Mize and Bryson deC had the same score, 70 (-2). Mize's driving distance was 247 yds, Bryson 334.

Kevin Na hit all 18 greens in regulation. Shot 73 (+1). First player known to shoot over par with 18 GIR.