Masters 2020

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The lockdown really did mess his momentum - before then he had a run of about 6/7 top 5s with one win and was prime form - since then just one top 10 , just hasn’t restarted well along with not being able to work with his coach. Just doesn’t seem relaxed in any shape and clearly forcing his golf
But how many times has he played since lockdown? With Rory, the less he plays int the past few years, the worse he plays but he can’t seem to understand that he needs rounds under his belt to get back in the groove. He just needs to get in touch with me and I will let him know what he needs to do - for a small fee ???

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like Rory but I think it's time to accept he's got a problem with Augusta and I'm not sure he's ever going to overcome it. I hope I'm wrong in time but no matter the circumstances or his form on the run-up he just can't seem to hold it together when he steps foot on those grounds.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
it’s just about her typical Rory season. He’s probably the most up and down of all the top players.

He may not have been with his coach, but there are lots he could have seen still. Tbf he’s Mentioned many times that he wants a life outside of golf, he’s had his first kid and I’d be amazed if he’s been practicing as much as he usually would.

D

Deleted member 15344

But how many times has he played since lockdown? With Rory, the less he plays int the past few years, the worse he plays but he can’t seem to understand that he needs rounds under his belt to get back in the groove. He just needs to get in touch with me and I will let him know what he needs to do - for a small fee ???

I think this is his 13 event since lockdown finished ? , it’s a fickle game , only have to see how much Spieth has dropped off , same with a number of players. Maybe once family life is settling he can find a groove - then there is also the caddy question

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think this is his 13 event since lockdown finished ? , it’s a fickle game , only have to see how much Spieth has dropped off , same with a number of players. Maybe once family life is settling he can find a groove - then there is also the caddy question
It’s not just the amount of events, it’s how he spreads them out. He might play every week for 3 weeks and then nothing for a month or so

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
SKY could show us live golf
SKY are showing us how Matt Fitzpatrick can master Augusta
Bizarre - its almost as if we filmed earlier it so we will show it come what may

We are on featured groups now tho aren't we? So they can only show who's playing ATM

Both groups are close together aswell so we're waiting for one another at one point it seemed

Coverage starts around 6

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Love these camera angles. Just how humpy bumpy is the approach to 10!!!!?????

Totally agree. There were lots of comments yesterday about the coverage, and whilst some of the commentary leaves a little to be desired, I am absolutely loving seeing Augusta from a new perspective.

Different camera angles, the use of drones, autumn colours, the absence of galleries twenty deep - it’s all adding up to a new experience and I’m delighted just to be able to sit and watch it at a time when there’s not a great deal else to do.

I believe Augusta National usually dictate the coverage and how it is presented. I’m not sure how it’s working this year, and there are clear logistical issues with having remote commentary. But frankly, I couldn’t really care less. It’s golf. And it’s on the telly. And it means I’ve got an excuse to get out of doing the washing up.

It’s just reigniting my desire to get to The Masters one day.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dare I say it, now the storms and rain of yesterday have passed, I think the course looks better in the autumn sunshine. I've always found all the flowers far too ornamental and twee. I've more preference for autumn colours anyway but its making the course look a lot more natural to my eye and I'm liking what I see.