Masters 2020

D

Deleted member 15344

Totally agree. There were lots of comments yesterday about the coverage, and whilst some of the commentary leaves a little to be desired, I am absolutely loving seeing Augusta from a new perspective.

Different camera angles, the use of drones, autumn colours, the absence of galleries twenty deep - it’s all adding up to a new experience and I’m delighted just to be able to sit and watch it at a time when there’s not a great deal else to do.

I believe Augusta National usually dictate the coverage and how it is presented. I’m not sure how it’s working this year, and there are clear logistical issues with having remote commentary. But frankly, I couldn’t really care less. It’s golf. And it’s on the telly. And it means I’ve got an excuse to get out of doing the washing up.

It’s just reigniting my desire to get to The Masters one day.

The visual presentation of the course is stunning

The issue with the coverage was

All the way up to 6 pm Sky followed the full Masters broadcast - adverts happened and it didn’t really disrupt the coverage

6 Pm came along and the Masters Coverage carried on - advert every now and then buy constant golf - Sky on the other hand werent following that coverage fully - whilst live golf was being broadcast by the Masters they were showing - Highlights of the day , interviews of the players , studio chat - someone on twitter said that during the first 90 mins there were a total of 20 live golf shots shown. As other said you went to their website which is basically the pictures they broadcast you could watch the golf then advert then golf - no studio nonsense , highlights or interviews etc.

Today has been great - it’s wall to wall until they then started to show players swings in the studio and highlights of yesterday again - it’s almost as if they have paid for technology and they must use it. Sometimes less is more and if they just follow the Masters coverage and use the advert breaks to fill in then it’s going to be good

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Totally agree. There were lots of comments yesterday about the coverage, and whilst some of the commentary leaves a little to be desired, I am absolutely loving seeing Augusta from a new perspective.

Different camera angles, the use of drones, autumn colours, the absence of galleries twenty deep - it’s all adding up to a new experience and I’m delighted just to be able to sit and watch it at a time when there’s not a great deal else to do.

I believe Augusta National usually dictate the coverage and how it is presented. I’m not sure how it’s working this year, and there are clear logistical issues with having remote commentary. But frankly, I couldn’t really care less. It’s golf. And it’s on the telly. And it means I’ve got an excuse to get out of doing the washing up.

It’s just reigniting my desire to get to The Masters one day.
Sums up perfectly how I feel about this particular Masters

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
This is why BDC get a bit of a bed rep. He has been unlucky there, and there's no problem with asking a rules official a question. But the way in which he talks to them does make him sound like a bit of a...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is why BDC get a bit of a bed rep. He has been unlucky there, and there's no problem with asking a rules official a question. But the way in which he talks to them does make him sound like a bit of a...

he did nothing wrong, asked polite questions of an official, pulled his driver out and went back to the tee. why are people determined to put him down?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
he did nothing wrong, asked polite questions of an official, pulled his driver out and went back to the tee. why are people determined to put him down?
If that's what you think is polite, fair enough. I thought he was about to ask for a second opinion, again.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
what wasnt polite? and did he ask for a 2nd opinion or did you just think he was going to because of your opinion of him?
I thought that he was putting pressure on officials that was unwarranted. Not all of the other guys on tour do that.

And why did I think he was about to ask for a second opinion? Quite obvious really - he has form for this.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I agree he was firmly requesting, but I don't think he was doing anything wrong or being rude on this occasion, just trying to cover any possibility.

I stated on here how rude I thought he was to the officials at Memorial when he went OB on the par 5, this time I think he was just sounding stressed to be fair .
100% agree with you there - he was just making sure that he was out of options.