Machrihanish ?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I loved my time on the Kintyre peninsula. I did enjoy Machrahanish Old more than the Dunes. Saying that, both courses are well worth the effort and time taken to get there.

I was lucky enough to spend ages just smashing drives off the first on the Old as there was a photographer who needed some shots. The weather was superb and the Paps of Jura were magnificent in the background. Love the place. Funily enough I was on at Glynn about a trip round there at some point. Do need to get that in the diary for next year

D

Deleted member 17920

I loved my time on the Kintyre peninsula. I did enjoy Machrahanish Old more than the Dunes. Saying that, both courses are well worth the effort and time taken to get there.

I was lucky enough to spend ages just smashing drives off the first on the Old as there was a photographer who needed some shots. The weather was superb and the Paps of Jura were magnificent in the background. Love the place. Funily enough I was on at Glynn about a trip round there at some point. Do need to get that in the diary for next year
Road trip :whoo:

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great place for a golf trip. I've always driven it, which can be long and a bit frustrating if you get stuck in traffic but very manageable.

Stay at Ugadale hotel (or cottages) in Machrihanish and play Machrihanish and Mach Dunes. Dunaverty isn't in the same league but a good fun course if you want another option.

Or if you want a bit more option for pubs etc stay in Campbeltown - we stayed in the Royal Hotel there which was fine too.

Second that 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Certainly not number 1 but comfortably within top 100.

Nairn, we can discuss that next April. Playing both Nairn courses in April.

Why are you so bothered if GM don’t rate the Dunes in the Top 100 Craw ?