How long in advance to book Portugal or Spain approx 5 day break

C7usk

Visit site
Hi, 5 of us are looking to go away for a golf break to Portugal or Spain at end of March 24. None of us have ever booked or played abroad and wondering when the normal time is to get things booked.? Any advice welcome.. Thinking 5 nights and 3 games.. Ideally I'd want turkey but the lads are pretty keen on Portugal as 1st option. Thanks.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
It always used to be the flight costs that was the variable. I get EasyJet email updates and book as soon as they come out. For next March it'll be late summer, but check their site

Talk to a few operators to see what they have. I'd start with Mark Viner at Lotus Supertravel. He'll sort you out!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Five is a bad number, you’ll get split up and put out with other golfers who you don’t know.
Can’t you tell one of your group they’re not welcome. 😂

C7usk

Visit site
Five is a bad number, you’ll get split up and put out with other golfers who you don’t know.
Can’t you tell one of your group they’re not welcome. 😂
Lol... I'll have a think about that... Yeah, getting split up would not be good at all... Kind of defeats the purpose.. Thanks.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Lol... I'll have a think about that... Yeah, getting split up would not be good at all... Kind of defeats the purpose.. Thanks.

Another option is to get on some Facebook groups in the areas you are thinking of going to, and seeing if anybody there wants to make up the numbers on the course with you - at least then you'll know who you will be meeting up with and they might have some course knowledge to help you round - loads of expats out there that would no doubt be happy to join you, or perhaps go with a bigger group through an organised society or travel company.

C7usk

Visit site
Another option is to get on some Facebook groups in the areas you are thinking of going to, and seeing if anybody there wants to make up the numbers on the course with you - at least then you'll know who you will be meeting up with and they might have some course knowledge to help you round - loads of expats out there that would no doubt be happy to join you, or perhaps go with a bigger group through an organised society or travel company.
Cheers Mel... We're a bit antisocial that way. So doubt we'd do that. One of my mates sons is thinking about it ,so will now be applying the appropriate pressure.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Cheers Mel... We're a bit antisocial that way. So doubt we'd do that. One of my mates sons is thinking about it ,so will now be applying the appropriate pressure.

You should embrace it buddy, I played with loads of different folk when I lived in Spain, different nationalities as well - and really enjoyed meeting loads of different people. Throw a few beers down, relax, and enjoy the company.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
If the course is busy on the days you're playing, then 6 people are often split into 4 and 2 anyway. Even numbers are better for hotel rooms though.

If you go with Portugal, then I would suggest going to the East Algarve as you'll get fantastic courses but slightly better value than central Algarve. Although if you're after lively nights out then you're probably better off going for Vilamoura, but it isn't cheap.

peld

Visit site
If you get 6, most courses you should be fine in two 3 balls.

Also, im currently experiencing the pain of winter flight schedules being (very) different to summer in trying to sort my November trip - so make sure any deposit/tee times are moveable!

C7usk

Visit site
If you get 6, most courses you should be fine in two 3 balls.

Also, im currently experiencing the pain of winter flight schedules being (very) different to summer in trying to sort my November trip - so make sure any deposit/tee times are moveable!
Thanks... Yeah will defo be trying to get the 6th player. Good luck with your booking. 👍

C7usk

Visit site
Hi, Well we have managed to get our first abroad trip booked.... Going to Belek, Turkey, 30th March... Managed to get 6 of us in the end... 👍. 5 nights, all inclusive, 3 rooms. 3 rounds of golf. We stay West Lothian, Scotland but flying from Newcastle which is a bit cheaper and better flights...just over £1000ea....cannot wait.