Machrihanish ?

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm not. I just laugh at the lies that were spouted.

If you’re not that bothered why mention it then ?

And lies ? How can someone “lie” about a golf Course review ?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love Machrihanish and have had some great trips round there and look forward to going again. Need to get back round to see how the Dunes has come on.

I prefer Machrishanish Dunes over Machrianish.

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am another who prefers Dunes to the old, yes it quirky fun some might say the windmills are missing from the greens but I loved it, leaving in 8 hours to play the Autumn pairs. :thup:

Ps it's a great drive and not as long as you think, approximately 2.75 hrs for me door to car park and that ain't pushing it. As said earlier it can be bad if you get stuck behind Sunday drivers of agricultural traffic.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
If you’re not that bothered why mention it then ?

And lies ? How can someone “lie” about a golf Course review ?

Guess you need to be in the know. However I guess it's best to let sleeping dogs "lie".

Sometimes knowledge is king.

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's worth the trip, had 2 weekends there and it's now off my list, it's good but not that good! As for it being nearly a 4 hour drive then there's a hundred better courses that are closer than it, top 100 lol, yeah right.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just love my trips to Machrihanish, whether it is the old course or the Dunes. You just have to take the drive as part of the experience and enjoy it. Food stops at Tarbert are also part of the enjoyment.

Haven't managed round this year, that wasn't for the lack of invites lol.
Hopefully next year.

Just remembered my profile pic is me on 10th tee at Dunes. Glorious day

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's worth the trip, had 2 weekends there and it's now off my list, it's good but not that good! As for it being nearly a 4 hour drive then there's a hundred better courses that are closer than it, top 100 lol, yeah right.

sort of agree Stevie boy. Ive played both courses twice, once in one of Craws meets and TBH wasn't that impressed, but thought i would give both another chance as it was only just out of winter. Went back a few years later in Summer and unfortunately wasn't much better. a couple of the fairways had so many daises on it was hard to find your ball.

better courses closer.

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
sort of agree Stevie boy. Ive played both courses twice, once in one of Craws meets and TBH wasn't that impressed, but thought i would give both another chance as it was only just out of winter. Went back a few years later in Summer and unfortunately wasn't much better. a couple of the fairways had so many daises on it was hard to find your ball.

better courses closer.

Yep, hey it's easy to fall for all the romance but when you wake up the next day your thinking was that it? Top 100 lol, you couldn't make that up.