Lost your ball, how goods your provisional

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Friday night I went ball hunting with a UV torch. A couple of hours later I returned home with 136 balls. Out of that number probably 25 or them were premium balls like Pro V1s, chrome soft TP5s.
Now these balls were found on the 13th,14th and 16th holes. So quite late in the round. It is kinda suggesting to me that folk had lost the will to live and the premium balls had been left in the bag to play another day.
So I know there’s lots of factors re what provisional ball you pull out of the bag, but do you normally pull out an equivalent or comparable ball or pull out something of a less quality.
My next foray is on the front nine so I can do comparison after that.
PS, 4 Dunlop’s, 3, top flight and a couple of range balls going free if anyone wants them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't pick up every ball I find, only if it's the type of ball I normally play, so there are a few - and these balls I normally use as provisionals. Or the provisional might be a ball that I bought but no longer favour.

C7usk

Visit site
Friday night I went ball hunting with a UV torch. A couple of hours later I returned home with 136 balls. Out of that number probably 25 or them were premium balls like Pro V1s, chrome soft TP5s.
Now these balls were found on the 13th,14th and 16th holes. So quite late in the round. It is kinda suggesting to me that folk had lost the will to live and the premium balls had been left in the bag to play another day.
So I know there’s lots of factors re what provisional ball you pull out of the bag, but do you normally pull out an equivalent or comparable ball or pull out something of a less quality.
PS, 4 Dunlop’s, 3, top flight and a couple of range balls going free if anyone wants them.
Dunlops and top flights... 😂.. I feel I am being transported to the 80/90s...any pinnacles? 🤔
I only use yellow AD333... And lots of them.. Lol.

Springveldt

Visit site
Typically the same ball type as I started with but if I’m having a stinker and already lost 2 or 3 balls I’ll get an old ball out. I keep older balls in the bottom pocket as my warm up balls in the net before the round.

sunshine

Visit site
Played a game with an old boy last week and I noticed the sound off the club face was a little clicky. Then after a few holes he played a little chip from the fringe and the ball made this ridiculous high pitched plastic click. I had to wander over to inspect the ball, sure enough it was a top flite XL, must be 30 years old 🤣

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Play the same ball so just need to take a note of the number in case I hit the provisional in the same area.

Funnily enough...I played the other week and pushed a tee shot OOB on the 17th....after hitting my provisional i went to recover my original ball and within three feet I found two TM TP5's with the funny 3-d logo on....both appearing to be utterly brand new...neither ball had a players identification mark, so it is more than likely that both balls were hit there by the same person....why they didnt bother to recover the balls, which were in plain sight, I dont know.

C7usk

Visit site
Play the same ball so just need to take a note of the number in case I hit the provisional in the same area.

Funnily enough...I played the other week and pushed a tee shot OOB on the 17th....after hitting my provisional i went to recover my original ball and within three feet I found two TM TP5's with the funny 3-d logo on....both appearing to be utterly brand new...neither ball had a players identification mark, so it is more than likely that both balls were hit there by the same person....why they didnt bother to recover the balls, which were in plain sight, I dont know.
Probably in a mad rage 😡 at hitting oob 2 iar...

Skytot

Visit site
Interesting,,, I live about 3mins walk from my golf club and usually take my dog for her walk on there . Might have to invest in a ball finding UV torch

Tashyboy

Visit site
Interesting,,, I live about 3mins walk from my golf club and usually take my dog for her walk on there . Might have to invest in a ball finding UV torch
The previous time I had been, a couple of years ago. Over two nights I found 186 and 187 balls. There is still a lot of greenery, Long grass covering the balls.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I use AVX and for a provisional I use... an AVX.
It may be an older one or a brand new one, but it's always an AVX.
I just decided a few years back that having found a ball I really like and trust, there's no point in swapping to something else for a provisional.
I lose a good few, amd no-one else seems to play them as I never find any! 🤣 My mate does very well out of the Pro V1s I hand over to him!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Use the same type of ball for each round. If it is wet/windy in winter it is likely to be a Srixon AD333 or similar otherwise usually a TP5, Chrome Soft or Pro V1x. Might invest in a UV torch. Would it work at dusk or does it need to be totally dark.

RichA

Visit site
I generally use Grade A Tour Speed balls that I've bought in bulk on eBay.
When a provisional is required I reload with an AD333 or RBZ Soft, left over from when I was buying cheap brand new balls. The provisionals cost more per unit but somehow feel more disposable. There's a complete lack of logic in all of it, knowing that the provisional will be the best shot of the day.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I use AVX and for a provisional I use... an AVX.
It may be an older one or a brand new one, but it's always an AVX.
I just decided a few years back that having found a ball I really like and trust, there's no point in swapping to something else for a provisional.
I lose a good few, amd no-one else seems to play them as I never find any! 🤣 My mate does very well out of the Pro V1s I hand over to him!
I found 2 x AVX balls. Both had George Foster on them. One of the lads I know, they are ( were) his young sons. They are now in my bag.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played a game with an old boy last week and I noticed the sound off the club face was a little clicky. Then after a few holes he played a little chip from the fringe and the ball made this ridiculous high pitched plastic click. I had to wander over to inspect the ball, sure enough it was a top flite XL, must be 30 years old 🤣
My mate who plays off 11 now is currently playing Wilson Ultras - I thought they stopped making them donkey's years ago but apparently I was wrong, just now they're called Ultra 500. He hates all kinds of spin and he reckons these are the lowest spinning balls he could find. 😂