LIV Golf

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I've said just above. Did he expect them to say yes I'm off to Liv

The lawyers were out

Bans were muted

Anyone who said yep I'm off would be pretty stupid

Personally thought brooks handled it best in his interview at the us open when he said it was disrespectful to keep talking about it and ruin the us open build up

Yes, he did expect them to speak honestly. They don't have to say no to his face then yes publicly. They don't have to be utterly frank to avoid being dishonest.

And Brooks using respect for the US Open as a cover is pathetic. He was finalising the terms of his deal, otherwise he would have announced sooner. Just another mercenary sell out.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
As I've said just above. Did he expect them to say yes I'm off to Liv

The lawyers were out

Bans were muted

Anyone who said yep I'm off would be pretty stupid

Personally thought brooks handled it best in his interview at the us open when he said it was disrespectful to keep talking about it and ruin the us open build up

PGA have quite clearly stated that they would only ban a player if they played in an LIV event not for announcing it.

LIV is an attempt by the Saudi regime to paper over their appalling record, so yes by supporting the LIV you are in quite a clear way supporting the Saudi's attempt to sportswash their reputation

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
PGA have quite clearly stated that they would only ban a player if they played in an LIV event not for announcing it.

LIV is an attempt by the Saudi regime to paper over their appalling record, so yes by supporting the LIV you are in quite a clear way supporting the Saudi's attempt to sportswash their reputation

Not at all. if people actually think that they are deluded

do you watch any F1 over there?
will you watch the world cup?
do you watch any newcastle games?
did you watch any ET tour events in SA?

if so by your own argument you support sports washing?

its complete horse wash

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Not at all. if people actually think that they are deluded

do you watch any F1 over there? - No
will you watch the world cup? - No also in Qatar not Saudi Arabia, not the best people but not as bad as Saudi
do you watch any newcastle games? - No
did you watch any ET tour events in SA? - No

if so by your own argument you support sports washing?

its complete horse wash

I am against any rogue nation trying to enhance their reputation through buying teams or by hosting tournaments, I was against Russia holding the Winter Olympics.

Would you support a golf tour that was being paid for by Putin?

It is propaganda pure and simple and if you are fine with that, then you are part of the problem

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am against any rogue nation trying to enhance their reputation through buying teams or by hosting tournaments, I was against Russia holding the Winter Olympics.

Would you support a golf tour that was being paid for by Putin?

It is propaganda pure and simple and if you are fine with that, then you are part of the problem

i think you should stay out of the political side of the argument as it is banned on this forum and debate the golf side.

dont like the tour? fine .. if its for political reasons keep them to yourself

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No numbers are the point. Rory has a habbit of putting his foot in his mouth

Liv is dead in water

The fairways are X yards wide we shouldn't be missing them

Just stick to hitting the ball. He is good at that
So let me get this straight....
You want to deprive a Human Being of his right to express himself because you don't agree with what he's saying..because he has influence over more people than you...and yet you want the right to express yourself because the number of people who will listen to you a small.....
Have I got that right?
Are you for real?
Wars have been fought over these kind of attitudes.....
Jeez..I wish I could ignore you but you post so much there's not a thread on here that would be legible.....

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
i think you should stay out of the political side of the argument as it is banned on this forum and debate the golf side.

This isn't political it is a question of ethics. If you are happy to help the Saudi's propaganda then that is down to your own ethics. I presume that as you didn't answer the question about Putin then that means you wouldn't support such a tour. So you have drawn your own ethical lines and have put the Saudi's on the acceptable side, that is up to you, but I find that personally reprehensible.

But that's it I am out. Don't bother replying I am done with this thread

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This isn't political it is a question of ethics. If you are happy to help the Saudi's propaganda then that is down to your own ethics. I presume that as you didn't answer the question about Putin then that means you wouldn't support such a tour. So you have drawn your own ethical lines and have put the Saudi's on the acceptable side, that is up to you, but I find that personally reprehensible.

But that's it I am out. Don't bother replying I am done with this thread

i personally dont give a rats . I condemn what the saudis do but I dont believe supporting liv is supporting the saudis human rights at all.

how about we look to the USA and how many arms they sell them per year before we moan at their sports stars for taking a bit of cash?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So let me get this straight....
You want to deprive a Human Being of his right to express himself because you don't agree with what he's saying..because he has influence over more people than you...and yet you want the right to express yourself because the number of people who will listen to you a small.....
Have I got that right?
Are you for real?
Wars have been fought over these kind of attitudes.....
Jeez..I wish I could ignore you but you post so much there's not a thread on here that would be legible.....

just lol. really. that is the most pathetic answer .. yes i want to deny him his human rights....

thats exactly what

I didnt say that once did i

I just said he should stick to what he best at.. and thats playing golf.

he has a habbit of making these statements that then come back to bite him.. so I just believe he would better off not making them

that better for you?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Politics and ethics are woven into this and are unavoidable. You appear to have a one-sided view that is becoming comically hypocritical. I think you have said, in some cases repeatedly, everything you possibly could say and should consider leaving it there.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
i personally dont give a rats . I condemn what the saudis do but I dont believe supporting liv is supporting the saudis human rights at all.

how about we look to the USA and how many arms they sell them per year before we moan at their sports stars for taking a bit of cash?

I was unaware the US Federal Govt funded the PGA Tour.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Politics and ethics are woven into this and are unavoidable. You appear to have a one-sided view that is becoming comically hypocritical. I think you have said, in some cases repeatedly, everything you possibly could say and should consider leaving it there.

same as others as I keep saying. The human rights side everyone is in agreement. their human rights are appalling so why need to bring them up every 5 mins? nobody is saying right the saudis are amazing now.

so put that to one side for a min and talk about the golf side of things.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Once you get to a level of influence you should try and stay out of it and calling into question someone else's decision as duplicitous In the press when everyone full well knows the legal battles were hidden so nobody really actively could say right I'm off to Liv is a bit bad darts.

In that case you give a politicians reply and not answer it, or by saying "I don't know, there's an offer but I've a lot to consider..."

You don't go around telling others that you're not going to LIV. That way there's nothing to be called out for.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In that case you give a politicians reply and not answer it, or by saying "I don't know, there's an offer but I've a lot to consider..."

You don't go around telling others that you're not going to LIV. That way there's nothing to be called out for.

as others have said he is on the board isnt he? so maybe they dont want to say anything to him as it might get back to the board ?

D

Deleted member 15344

112 players in the Travelers are American, 44 from the ROW.
Most of the players in the US Open were American, same for the Canadian Open, how is that perfectly fair?

I know the Open will have less US bias, but it's the only major and the only BIG tournament outside of the US on the calendar.

Why are non US players being disadvantaged - or are they just all crap golfers in comparison to those in the US?

?‍♂️ Can you surely not understand why the “US” tour has more “US” players in it ?‍♂️

Are you equally confused at why there are more “European” players in the European Tour

More “Asian” players in the Asian Tour

And no one is being disadvantaged- every single player has the same ability to be able to qualify for which ever Tour they wish to play on

A “non US” golfer is not disadvantage- he can follow the same path as the US golfer if he so wishes - unfortunately the US Golf market is where the sponsers are

Barking_Mad

Visit site
as others have said he is on the board isnt he? so maybe they dont want to say anything to him as it might get back to the board ?

Well...

When asked about the Saudi-backed LIV Golf league, a rival to the PGA Tour with an alternative format and massive payouts, in February 2020 at the Honda Classic, Koepka shot down the idea that he’d participate.

Money doesn’t matter,” the four-time major champion said. “It’s not something that’s important. I just want to be happy. Money’s not going to make me happy. I just want to play against the best.

“If somebody gave me $200 million tomorrow it’s not going to change my life. What am I going to get out of it? I already have [enough money] that I could retire right now, but I don’t want to. I just want to play golf.”

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Perhaps he wasn't going to LIV at the time. But after they made him an offer he couldn't refuse, he opted to do so. Doubtful, but possible!

Swango1980

Visit site
Once you get to a level of influence you should try and stay out of it and calling into question someone else's decision as duplicitous In the press when everyone full well knows the legal battles were hidden so nobody really actively could say right I'm off to Liv is a bit bad darts.
So, once you get to a certain level of influence, you should self censor? Freedom of speech no longer applies?

Rory was asked a question, he gave an honest answer. He didn't say he hated Brooks, and he previously said he can understand individuals have their own reasons. However, if Brooks has said one thing, and then done another, then it is a fair statement for Rory to make. Rory is also in a much better position to be aware of what Brooks has being indicating privately than any of us. Of course, he caveated that to say maybe there were legal implications going on in the background. So, despite giving his honest assessment, he was also guarded in giving it.

Besides, a big reason he gets to that level of influence is how he conducts himself off the course, including during interviews. So, it would be silly to change that stance now just because a few people don't like a particular answer he gave.