LIV Golf

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh Rory. Stick to playing golf ?

He is on the PGA Tour Policy Board, and is entitled to speak about stuff he is directly involved with.

Unlike some of the others involved, Rory talks straight and some players like Koepka have been duplicitous, saying one thing while clearly planning another.

Last edited:

Barking_Mad

Visit site
112 players in the Travelers are American, 44 from the ROW.
Most of the players in the US Open were American, same for the Canadian Open, how is that perfectly fair?

I know the Open will have less US bias, but it's the only major and the only BIG tournament outside of the US on the calendar.

Why are non US players being disadvantaged - or are they just all crap golfers in comparison to those in the US?

The current system artificially allocates extra weighting to DP Tour events (and others). This allows players doing well in those events to climb the world rankings and gains access to the PGA Tour. Fleetwood being a recent example.

However for US players of roughly the same standard playing on the PGA Tour it's significantly harder to gain the same ranking points as the fields are much more competitive.

Now cream will rise to the top, so those top European players will be good whatever, but from a purely rankings point of view it skews them. I do agree with Harrington that it will make it harder for DP World players to make their name on that tour before moving on. They will likely have to go to qualify for the PGA Tour as the ranking points are going to be harder to come by - unless there's more joint competitions.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He is on the PGA Tour Policy Board, and is entitled to speak about stiff he is directly involved with.

Unlike some of the others involved, Rory talks straight and some players like Koepka have been duplicitous, saying one thing while clearly planning another.

Which how many of them did ? Nothing wrong with it when the PGA were threating suspensions they surely had to play it close to the chest incase it fell through and they were banned without going?

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Is he? Can he just stay out of it ?

If asked a question in interview just say Liv isn't for me, that's all I'm going to say on the matter

JT was the best just said respected people's choices and doesn't suddenly hate them for it

Why are you more bothered about Rory speaking his mind than you are about players accepting hundreds of millions from a Saudi Prince who orders journalists to be killed and dismembered?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why are you more bothered about Rory speaking his mind than you are about players accepting hundreds of millions from a Saudi Prince who orders journalists to be killed and dismembered?

Because that point is massively overplayed

Nobody condemns what Saudi kingdom do

Yet we can still enjoy Liv

I didn't watch the first event I go wow the Saudis are lovely .. I'm gonna go stay there now

There are a few who don't support Liv because it's an actual reason which is fine but there as too many using it as a reason to bash it because they don't like change and couldn't give 2 hoots about the subject. Just suits their agenda

evemccc

Visit site
He is on the PGA Tour Policy Board, and is entitled to speak about stiff he is directly involved with.

The Sainted Rory has also been incredibly short-sighted and objectively wrong, declaring that Liv Golf was “dead in the water” in Feb this year

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Sainted Rory has also been incredibly short-sighted and objectively wrong, declaring that Liv Golf was “dead in the water” in Feb this year

Surprised he hasn't moved to Liv himself I mean no major in 8 years .. the "past it" players who won majors since a fair few of them have left ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
112 players in the Travelers are American, 44 from the ROW.
Most of the players in the US Open were American, same for the Canadian Open, how is that perfectly fair?

I know the Open will have less US bias, but it's the only major and the only BIG tournament outside of the US on the calendar.

Why are non US players being disadvantaged - or are they just all crap golfers in comparison to those in the US?
The above is a ridiculous 'argument'.
Most/many Euro players will be back in Europe preparing for The Open
There is nothing 'unfair' about qualification for the US Open - nor for The Open. There is no inherent 'bias' in either tournament's qualification (specific 'winner of...' local categories excluded).
Non US players are NOT being disadvantaged! In fact, the allocation of OGWR points for tournaments is currently skewed in their favour! 42 of the 70 who qualified for the final rounds of the 42 of the 70 who made the cut in The Canadian Open were from US! That's 50% more than from elsewhere! Which, while a single instance, DOES indicate US players might well be better players (in America).

If that's the quality of verifiable arguments of 'LIV's agent on here', it seriously damages the perception of the validity of those of the 'non-verifiable' (opinion/POV) type!

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stick to trains then....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone is entitled to express it..
We are..
Why shouldn't he...?

Too political.

Difference is my opinion only is expressed in a small chamber and not to an audience of millions.

Only about 100 people think I'm a tit on here rather than a million or so.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Numbers are irrelevant.
You want to express your opinion but you don't want Rory to..?

No numbers are the point. Rory has a habbit of putting his foot in his mouth

Liv is dead in water

The fairways are X yards wide we shouldn't be missing them

Just stick to hitting the ball. He is good at that

Swango1980

Visit site
I find it hilarious. People in this forum are only too happy to speak exactly what is on their mind, often to the point of getting into a direct war of words with another poster.

Yet Rory gives his honest opinion, and the people who can't stop giving their opinions, slam Rory for his. Maybe we should all just stick to our day jobs and avoid these forums?

I also wonder how many would slam Rory as giving another boring, non committal answer and making him like 95% of all the other boring robotic sports stars?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

If asked a question in interview just say Liv isn't for me, that's all I'm going to say on the matter

JT was the best just said respected people's choices and doesn't suddenly hate them for it

Well, presumably the difference is that Rory has spoken to some others who have said one thing to him and then done another. He doesn't do the bland say nothing form of media interaction that others do.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Because that point is massively overplayed

Nobody condemns what Saudi kingdom do

Yet we can still enjoy Liv

I didn't watch the first event I go wow the Saudis are lovely .. I'm gonna go stay there now

There are a few who don't support Liv because it's an actual reason which is fine but there as too many using it as a reason to bash it because they don't like change and couldn't give 2 hoots about the subject. Just suits their agenda

I don't mind the change, it's needed, but I just don't like this change. For the 'PGA bashers' with an agenda, they're just throwing the baby out with the bath water and have latched onto the first thing that comes along.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find it hilarious. People in this forum are only too happy to speak exactly what is on their mind, often to the point of getting into a direct war of words with another poster.

Yet Rory gives his honest opinion, and the people who can't stop giving their opinions, slam Rory for his. Maybe we should all just stick to our day jobs and avoid these forums?

I also wonder how many would slam Rory as giving another boring, non committal answer and making him like 95% of all the other boring robotic sports stars?

Once you get to a level of influence you should try and stay out of it and calling into question someone else's decision as duplicitous In the press when everyone full well knows the legal battles were hidden so nobody really actively could say right I'm off to Liv is a bit bad darts.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, presumably the difference is that Rory has spoken to some others who have said one thing to him and then done another. He doesn't do the bland say nothing form of media interaction that others do.

As I've said just above. Did he expect them to say yes I'm off to Liv

The lawyers were out

Bans were muted

Anyone who said yep I'm off would be pretty stupid

Personally thought brooks handled it best in his interview at the us open when he said it was disrespectful to keep talking about it and ruin the us open build up

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Isn't RM the players representaitive on the Board of the PGA Tour, in which case don't you think he must give his view on this. If that doesn't match the view of the players then they are free to remove him from the Board.