• Sitting on the fence - leaning nay

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 38 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 23270

And why do things need to change, exactly? Are the players not earning millions, flying around in private jets and living in luxurious mansions?
Yes......all over the USA. Golf would benefit from a truly global tour like tennis.

D

Deleted member 15344

Agreed. Major tournaments on the Melbourne sandbelt for a start.

Don’t they have the Australian Open which is being co sanctioned by the ET and also the Australian PGA the week before ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes......all over the USA. Golf would benefit from a truly global tour like tennis.

But the LIV Tour is not a World Tour. It is a very limited Tour with limited fields and money that is not scalable. It won't grow the game or make it global except in an attempt to kill it. It will only grow Bryson's bank balance.

In response to it, the PGA and DP coming closer together may give a World Tour, but it will always be pretty American. That is where the whole economy around golf mostly exists.

D

Deleted member 23270

But the LIV Tour is not a World Tour. It is a very limited Tour with limited fields and money that is not scalable. It won't grow the game or make it global except in an attempt to kill it. It will only grow Bryson's bank balance.

In response to it, the PGA and DP coming closer together may give a World Tour, but it will always be pretty American. That is where the whole economy around golf mostly exists.
The DPWT has basically sold out to the PGA giving it even more power. The format of LIV will change as it grows and will attract more top players. When the PGA loses more of its star attractions it will have to reconsider its strategy.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The DPWT has basically sold out to the PGA giving it even more power. The format of LIV will change as it grows and will attract more top players. When the PGA loses more of its star attractions it will have to reconsider its strategy.

Even LIV can't scale up and splurge that sort of dough to a lot more players at a lot more events. I think LIV will fail.

There is a limit to the number of "top" players that can keep interest on TV/social media going.

evemccc

Visit site
It's a tap in for Nay as far as I'm concerned. I will judge you by the company you keep. As far as I'm concerned Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, Brooks and Phil are clearly homophobic, anti LGBT and have no regard for basic human rights. It's straight forward. It's also transparent that they have a "price".

Just today Bryson is in the papers saying we should look at the good the saudi's are doing. Total idiot - that's exactly what they have bribed him to say. Go away.

I wonder what you think about Justin Thomas then?

Just be consistent..

CountLippe

Visit site
Don’t they have the Australian Open which is being co sanctioned by the ET and also the Australian PGA the week before ?

As the defacto 'World Tour' I think the PGA Tour has an obligation to create an 'elevated status' to non US based events in order to 'grow the game'. In an ideal world the Aussie Open would be a major. Thats never going to happen. It could be a WGC / Memorial or even Players equivalent. There just doesn't seem to be an appetite by those running the US tour to do this. The increased purses for the upcoming seasons indicates there is money in the pot, but they only seem interested in run of the mill US events. The same could be said for an event in South Africa etc.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As the defacto 'World Tour' I think the PGA Tour has an obligation to create an 'elevated status' to non US based events in order to 'grow the game'. In an ideal world the Aussie Open would be a major. Thats never going to happen. It could be a WGC / Memorial or even Players equivalent. There just doesn't seem to be an appetite by those running the US tour to do this. The increased purses for the upcoming seasons indicates there is money in the pot, but they only seem interested in run of the mill US events. The same could be said for an event in South Africa etc.

The WGC matchplay was held in Oz in 2001 (won by Steve Stricker). 28 of the 64 top qualified players chose not to go down to Oz, though, including, ironically, Greg Norman. Maybe would have been better for a strokeplay event, though, and if there was another event the week before or after nearby.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
It's a tap in for Nay as far as I'm concerned. I will judge you by the company you keep. As far as I'm concerned Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, Brooks and Phil are clearly homophobic, anti LGBT and have no regard for basic human rights. It's straight forward. It's also transparent that they have a "price".

Just today Bryson is in the papers saying we should look at the good the saudi's are doing. Total idiot - that's exactly what they have bribed him to say. Go away.
I am totally against the LIV tour, but this is just drivel. Stick to twitter mate