Opinions on BRS - Help me!

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do some people on here actually realise what BRS is and does (and will break golf clubs) and what any old tee time booking system is?

Someone here is twittering on about Farnham - it was a poor club with few playing members and turn up and play worked. It now is a better club, better course (although now going backwards again) and has more members (its full) but they all want play, so now when 120 want to play on a Saturday morning as opposed to 50 - rock up and wait just doesn’t work.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do some people on here actually realise what BRS is and does (and will break golf clubs) and what any old tee time booking system is?

Someone here is twittering on about Farnham - it was a poor club with few playing members and turn up and play worked. It now is a better club, better course (although now going backwards again) and has more members (its full) but they all want play, so now when 120 want to play on a Saturday morning as opposed to 50 - rock up and wait just doesn’t work.

We are a club that’s also full and rock up and wait for social golf still works for us. As with most clubs like that people know when they tee will be bust so either join in with those groups or play at the quieter time

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are a club that’s also full and rock up and wait for social golf still works for us. As with most clubs like that people know when they tee will be bust so either join in with those groups or play at the quieter time

And good for you - you know exactly what you are and what you want and what you need. Giving 2 tee-times a day some else to sell at a lower price than you is just ridiculous. The sooner Committees (who have little idea at best) are drummed out the better!!!!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
You guys do know that block bookings can be assigned to members to still allow casual okay?
Our place has had it for years and although visitors can use it to book golf, it is preset each year to have members hours each day which guarantees members times that they can just turn up. They can alternstively book a single slit outside these hours themselves or via the proshop. There is a lot more flexibility to this system than people give it credit for.
Giving them a teetime (not interfering with member times) daily or whatever as payment is easier than paying say £1000+ cash for the service annually as the teetime sold may not necessarily have been booked at the full price in the first place and will still provide some extra needed revenue through the proshop, bar and restaurant. I'd say that's a good deal.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Sorry? A poor club? The course going backwards? 120 turning up to play on Saturday morning? You are talking complete tosh and please don't post misleading disparaging comments about a club.

The course is in fantastic condition at the moment - the club is thriving and lively - and when I turned up at 10am on Saturday morning for our roll-up we had 29 members with their £1s in the pot. Another 20 or so turned up for the 8am roll-up and a dozen for our midday roll-up. And various two and four balls turned up and went off in between the roll-ups.

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And good for you - you know exactly what you are and what you want and what you need. Giving 2 tee-times a day some else to sell at a lower price than you is just ridiculous. The sooner Committees (who have little idea at best) are drummed out the better!!!!

You are aware you can use BRS without giving 2 times to golf now to advertise I take it?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
You are aware you can use BRS without giving 2 times to golf now to advertise I take it?

I don't think it's a big deal giving away a couple of tee times a day at a reduced rate when the course is quiet and outwith competition times.
Might be wrong, but doesn't the club still receive a reduced fee .:confused:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think it's a big deal giving away a couple of tee times a day at a reduced rate when the course is quiet and outwith competition times.
Might be wrong, but doesn't the club still receive a reduced fee .:confused:

Club receive nothing for those times and to be fair doesn't have to give 2 it can give 1. However the club receive all the fee for every other time booked via Golfnow. The club also choose which times it gives up.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Club receive nothing for those times and to be fair doesn't have to give 2 it can give 1. However the club receive all the fee for every other time booked via Golfnow. The club also choose which times it gives up.

Cheers Martin, i know at least 2 guys HAVE paid a reduced fee VIA brs/golfnow last week at my course.
BTW Bellshill is in fantastic condition ATM, anytime you fancy your chances :D

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry? A poor club? The course going backwards? 120 turning up to play on Saturday morning? You are talking complete tosh and please don't post misleading disparaging comments about a club.

The course is in fantastic condition at the moment - the club is thriving and lively - and when I turned up at 10am on Saturday morning for our roll-up we had 29 members with their £1s in the pot. Another 20 or so turned up for the 8am roll-up and a dozen for our midday roll-up. And various two and four balls turned up and went off in between the roll-ups.

Read man - read! And yes the course has gone back to that awful long grass again down the sides!