Litter Louts....

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The best one I ever witnessed was sitting in a queue of traffic. A kid in the back seat of a car 3 or 4 cars in front of me, threw some litter out of the window. The mother driving could not have failed to see it. The guy in the car immediately behind them jumped out his car, picked up the litter and threw it back into the car it had come from. He said something to the mother about teaching her kids not to litter and walked back to his car. Brilliant. You could see the mother scolding the kid to save her own blushes.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If a dog does it on the road it's a fine,if a police horse does it,it's not an issue :confused:
If any horse does it, it's ok. Never quite worked that one out myself.
Although I grew up on a country lane, and my mum used to go out and shovel up the horse manure and put it on the garden. Works wonders for your roses, apparently.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site

A woman once pointed out to me that it's only grass, I informed her that while technically true, it had passed through the horse; I then asked if I could urinate against her garden wall on a Saturday night as it was in fact only lager. Couldn't quite make out what she said next.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Although I grew up on a country lane, and my mum used to go out and shovel up the horse manure and put it on the garden. Works wonders for your roses, apparently.

My mrs as horses & I always give her stick about this & why you don't pay road tax for a horse. She bites every time ;)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The best one I ever witnessed was sitting in a queue of traffic. A kid in the back seat of a car 3 or 4 cars in front of me, threw some litter out of the window. The mother driving could not have failed to see it. The guy in the car immediately behind them jumped out his car, picked up the litter and threw it back into the car it had come from. He said something to the mother about teaching her kids not to litter and walked back to his car. Brilliant. You could see the mother scolding the kid to save her own blushes.

BRILLIANT! On a similar line, mate of mine saw some dumb woman park in a family space at Sainsburys and walk off into the shop. He yelled out really loudly "Madam, you've left your children in the car". Everyone turned to see what was going on. She stopped but didn't do anything so he yelled it even louder and pointed at her and the car. She made the fatal mistake of saying "I don't have any children".

Do the math yourselves and work out what he yelled out next to the delight of everyone in the vicinity. She got in her car and just drove off. The store detective was laughing helplessly and couldn't wait to shake his hand for doing it.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
BRILLIANT! On a similar line, mate of mine saw some dumb woman park in a family space at Sainsburys and walk off into the shop. He yelled out really loudly "Madam, you've left your children in the car". Everyone turned to see what was going on. She stopped but didn't do anything so he yelled it even louder and pointed at her and the car. She made the fatal mistake of saying "I don't have any children".

Do the math yourselves and work out what he yelled out next to the delight of everyone in the vicinity. She got in her car and just drove off. The store detective was laughing helplessly and couldn't wait to shake his hand for doing it.

But the store detective had done nothing about it. You have to be careful in these situations, a man was sent down last week for a disabled space altercation that ended with a blow and a death! All over a stupid parking space!!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Answer is simple - just don't drop ANY litter of any SORT and reprimand any who. And if I can chase after bits of sweet wrapper that might escape my clutches then - dear smoker - do not simply toss away your fag ends - they are as much litter as my bit of sweet wrapper. I wonder how many smokers on here will admit to chucking their fag ends away in the street - never mind on the gold course - and are willing to try and justify why it is acceptable.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Answer is simple - just don't drop ANY litter of any SORT and reprimand any who. And if I can chase after bits of sweet wrapper that might escape my clutches then - dear smoker - do not simply toss away your fag ends - they are as much litter as my bit of sweet wrapper. I wonder how many smokers on here will admit to chucking their fag ends away in the street - never mind on the gold course - and are willing to try and justify why it is acceptable.

Probably less up here, on the spot fine in Glasgow and Renfrewshire for dropping a fag end