Left foot/heel moving/lifting on backswing HELP!!!

mazza78

Visit site
Hi, can anyone help or suggest a practice drill to help me with my left foot/heel moving and lifting on my backswing?? Im not sure if its cos im not rotating properly but im sure you'll guys will be able to help me out!!

thanks

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
I had this problem , and cured it by consentrating on my left knee bend , i found that if i bent the knee directly towards the ball i was able to keep the left foot grounded. I think i was bending my knee forwards but to the right , as soon as the knee goes right the heel has to lift to allow it . Might not be right but it worked for me. Good luck!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was a time (think Jack Nicklaus) when lifting your left heel was considered good technique. Not any more.

If you can bear to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juYpfvpg5ZY

and try Shawn's drills, you will simply NOT be able to swing anymore with anything other than keeping your left foot flat on the ground and maintaining good flex.

I know he seems a bit odd, but if you get by the cheap n cheerful videos and try his ideas, you might get to like him. I tried his right foot behind the stance (on the toe) drill and it crispened up my irons no end. This video is not for your problem but it will work, guaranteed.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
somethin in this months mag about lifting your left heel, didnt read into it though!

Happy_Gilmore

Club Champion
Visit site
Try stickimg a ball under your left foot whilst at address, it will feel very alien but try and grip the ball with your toes, make a few back swings to get the stable feeling in your lower body and then take it to the range and see how it goes.

If you have the space at home, take your wedge, stand in your bare feet with the ball under your left foot, grip and make a few backswings...