Laughter - the best medicine

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Watched Peter Kay last night in Birmingham. He was very funny but us four that went thought he looked a little ill. 😳
He has lost a fair bit of weight. Not gonna say how much the expensive tickets were. But I am deffo not a fan of comedy in big arenas. Theatres small intimate venues yes, but comedy seemed a bit lost in a huge arena.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched Peter Kay last night in Birmingham. He was very funny but us four that went thought he looked a little ill. 😳
He has lost a fair bit of weight. Not gonna say how much the expensive tickets were. But I am deffo not a fan of comedy in big arenas. Theatres small intimate venues yes, but comedy seemed a bit lost in a huge arena.
We saw him on his last arena tour and he just about got away with the size of the place. Afterwards we agreed that we wouldn't see a comedian again at an arena, even it it was Peter Kay. You need a level of intimacy to build an atmosphere and you just can't get that at an arena.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
We saw him on his last arena tour and he just about got away with the size of the place. Afterwards we agreed that we wouldn't see a comedian again at an arena, even it it was Peter Kay. You need a level of intimacy to build an atmosphere and you just can't get that at an arena.
I was asked if wanted to see him tonight in a corporate box but really
Didn’t fancy talking about work on a weekend

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was asked if wanted to see him tonight in a corporate box but really
Didn’t fancy talking about work on a weekend
Funny you say that. My BiL used to do a lot of corporate entertaining for his work. He had no issue filling places mid week, golf days in particular as they are daytime, but anything at a weekend, no matter how good, was always a struggle to fill with clients. It's as you say, your day off and you want a break from work chat.

Tashyboy

Visit site
As part of me birthday celebrations last year, Missis T booked me something every month. One night we went to see Francis Rossi of Quo at Mansfield Theatre. It was small intimate and fantastic. He was brilliant to listen to. The thing was you was looking at him, listening to him.
Re Peter Kay we was 10 rows from the front, probably closer than when watching Rossi, but I found myself looking at the big screen most of the time.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Funny you say that. My BiL used to do a lot of corporate entertaining for his work. He had no issue filling places mid week, golf days in particular as they are daytime, but anything at a weekend, no matter how good, was always a struggle to fill with clients. It's as you say, your day off and you want a break from work chat.
We do a fair bit of this, take clients to some decent places, Football, Darts, Rugby, American Football, Concerts….honestly hate it having to talk shop!
Tbh I don’t most of the time, I just leave them to enjoy the event.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
It’s funny isn’t it; when someone is over weight people say they look healthy. Lose weight and they look ill. When in reality it’s probably the other way round.

Tashyboy

Visit site
It’s funny isn’t it; when someone is over weight people say they look healthy. Lose weight and they look ill. When in reality it’s probably the other way round.
Am not to sure that the losing weight was the problem, Mr Kay mentioned he has had some health problems but said it in a way that he was laughing about it. Oddly enough or sadly enough, what he was saying people of a generation can relate to what he said and have gone through.