KENT TOUR 18/19/20 November

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
JUst wanted to say thanks to Phil, Mike and Matt for their company today which made a tricky day enjoyable.

Also thanks to Chrisd for organising a great meet and hopefully next time it might not be so windy and cold.

Good luck to those playing RSG tomorrow

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played Cinque Ports with Swinger and Ding Dong in July, but we were a bit disappointed that there was no wind, and the weather was beautifully sunny. Didn’t feel we got the full links experience.:whistle:;)

Have a good day at Royal St George’s. One of my favourite courses, and the best golf lunch.
After t
Played Cinque Ports with Swinger and Ding Dong in July, but we were a bit disappointed that there was no wind, and the weather was beautifully sunny. Didn’t feel we got the full links experience.:whistle:;)

Have a good day at Royal St George’s. One of my favourite courses, and the best golf lunch.
After today Richart give me sunshine and no wind every time.

Scholesy

Visit site
*first forum post*
Cinque Ports today was certainly an 'experience'!...5 wood to a 130 yard par 3 (GIR good club selection), seagull thieving my ball, more wind on the course than I had after the previous evening's curry, topped off by watching Dando shank the ball in a practice swing on the 18th....
All in all, enjoyable day (if you exclude the golf) and it was good to meet all those who played!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Firstly Thanks to Chris, Simon, Glyn and Cameron for all their hard work organising the three days.

Well I went 48 holes with out a Sherman :p
Played ok at Princes, played ok at RCP on the back 9.

But today was a step too fair for me, too cold, wet and windy for me. Would love to try them in nicer weather, but hey ho.

Also thanks to my playing partners over all three days for finding my balls :p

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Firstly Thanks to Chris, Simon, Glyn and Cameron for all their hard work organising the three days.

Well I went 48 holes with out a Sherman :p
Played ok at Princes, played ok at RCP on the back 9.

But today was a step too fair for me, too cold, wet and windy for me. Would love to try them in nicer weather, but hey ho.

Also thanks to my playing partners over all three days for finding my balls :p

finding balls when its that cold takes some doing and I hope they had warm hands

D

Deleted member 15344

*first forum post*
Cinque Ports today was certainly an 'experience'!...5 wood to a 130 yard par 3 (GIR good club selection), seagull thieving my ball, more wind on the course than I had after the previous evening's curry, topped off by watching Dando shank the ball in a practice swing on the 18th....
All in all, enjoyable day (if you exclude the golf) and it was good to meet all those who played!
It was great to meet ( shame about being a ref 😉 ) hopefully see you at some more meets in the future

Well just got back after 3 days of brutal links golf where the wind was nothing less than 20mph on the Sunday - 25 yesterday and today all coming off the east coast and it made all three courses brutes

Sunday was Princes and we played Shores and Dunes - it’s a really nice pleasant course , doesn’t have the wow factor but doesn’t disappoint and it’s a nice course to start the trip

Monday was RCP - winds got up and it’s just a stunning course , it’s my favourite links course , the condition is always first class , green complexes are world class , immaculate fairways and one of the hardest back nines in golf I have played - no easy hole on the back 9 - and the food after is up there with the Surrey Carverys

Today was RSG - it’s just a wonderful stunning course , and when you add in the gales , rain and hail makes it a real test of golf , nasty pins , great greens with some of the best holes in the country - just brilliant , even though it’s better than RCP I still would prefer to play RCP

Got to say thanks to the organising crew - Glyn , Cam , Chris and Simon - excellent as always , the bonus about the wind is you don’t get to hear Cam on the course 😀

Great to meet new and old faces and to play rounds with new guys both on the forum and to the meet.

Hopefully next time we can get a bit nicer weather

Cheers again and see you all at Sunningdale

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Toughest conditions I've ever played in today, but in a funny way enjoyed the challenge. The moment I knew it was tough was when I flushed a low 7 iron into the wind from 120 yards out. I thought it was a 4 club wind. My next shot was from 30 yards out, still short of the bleeding green! Make that a 8 club wind :eek:

I think it sums up the quality of the course, when you get blown all over the place for 4 hours and every few steps it feels like someone has thrown a bucket of water over your head or alternatively a handful of nails in your face, but afterwards when you've had a warm shower and reflect your glad you went out and played.

Thanks to all the organisers, top effort. Good to see all the old and new faces.(y)

Roll on Sunningdale in the Sun !

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Toughest conditions I've ever played in today, but in a funny way enjoyed the challenge. The moment I knew it was tough was when I flushed a low 7 iron into the wind from 120 yards out. I thought it was a 4 club wind. My next shot was from 30 yards out, still short of the bleeding green! Make that a 8 club wind :eek:

I think it sums up the quality of the course, when you get blown all over the place for 4 hours and every few steps it feels like someone has thrown a bucket of water over your head or alternatively a handful of nails in your face, but afterwards when you've had a warm shower and reflect your glad you went out and played.

Thanks to all the organisers, top effort. Good to see all the old and new faces.(y)

Nope just would never enjoy that.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great three days, thanks to Glyn, Cam, Chris and Simon for the thankless task of organising everything.
The wind was brutal, the rain wet and horrible and the hail can do one.

Princes was an enjoyable starter.
RCP was in wonderful condition, the carver was superb.
RSG, what a golf course despite the weather it was brilliant. However the lunch after was another level, absolutely outstanding.

Thanks to everyone I played with, all great company as ever.

Always great to catch up with some real gents over the golf and beers after - fantastic trip and what the forum is all about.

Sunningdale can't come quick enough now

D

Deleted member 15344

👍

I was a mental battle as well to keep going and it was satisfying in a weird way that we got through 18 and didn’t let the weather beat us - some of the par threes were set up to have a nice short iron - as we all took covers off 😂